By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WW HW for week ending October 4th, X1 comes close but couldn't pass PS4. China release + FH2. SW for USA and UK

X1 numbers look good cause of China, but without China, the sales are not so great.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

I'm glad the Tier2 hype has passed. The declines next week will be epic. It was always insane to think that Tier2 would do much of anything other than a quick and rapidly dissipating bump.

The X1's real battleground is, and always has been : US and UK. It's fully irrelevant elsewhere. And that's not really all that bad to be honest. Money can still be made by being vibrant and relevant in those two areas.

Of course it did not outsell the PS4 and it never will.

aceitman said:

179,000 is including china , the sales globaly without china would have been 79,000 and thats with all countries added which ends xbox fan boys saying wait till all countries are buying xbox1 and u will see it will beat ps4, or ps4 is only selling more because x1 hasnt launched in all countries  there only selling in 13 of them , which will prove they dont put dents in sales cause they only count for a small portion of sales , the heavy hitters are usa and europe .

And Halo collection won't change a thing. Theese fanboys will just keep making their crappy excuses rofl.

Arkaign said:
I'm glad the Tier2 hype has passed. The declines next week will be epic. It was always insane to think that Tier2 would do much of anything other than a quick and rapidly dissipating bump.

The X1's real battleground is, and always has been : US and UK. It's fully irrelevant elsewhere. And that's not really all that bad to be honest. Money can still be made by being vibrant and relevant in those two areas.

That is true,but MS can not compete with Sony anywhere in the world. They should just give up and only focus on NA and Uk. Sony has them this generation.Xbox never had global appeal anyway.

Around the Network
prinz_valium said:

Ps4 probaly still overtracked in us

100k as end of August.

September Sales according to charts: 405k

And severely undertracked in all other places but UK and Japan right?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Amazing to see PS3 still ahead of U after major Nintendo releases. Imagine what happens when Sony cuts the price?

Huh, if i weren't for Japan ps4 may not have been able to hold the top spot that week, well depending on the margin of error and whatever adjustments may be made.

cheshirescat said:
Huh, if i weren't for Japan ps4 may not have been able to hold the top spot that week, well depending on the margin of error and whatever adjustments may be made.

Why even make such nonsensical statements? And get it wrong after all.

If it were not for Japan:

PS4: 185,963 - 7,053 = 178,910

XO:  179,014 - 1,256 = 177,758

Now, if you mentioned if it were not for Croatia, Serbia and Romania (which are Tier 9 countries for XOne) you would have had a very poor point, but a point anyway.

Burek said:
cheshirescat said:

Why even make such nonsensical statements? And get it wrong after all.

If it were not for Japan:

PS4: 185,963 - 7,053 = 178,910

XO:  179,014 - 1,256 = 177,758

The original post didn't make any sense at all, there was no need to make you valid point.

"if it weren't for Japan", because both are sold in japan, so it's fair to include Japan IMO.

On the other hand, PS4 has still not released in China, so to be really fair we really shouldn't include China in the numbers:

"If it were not for China then XB1 would be crushed by PS4 this week instead of this slight PS4 lead"