By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WW HW for week ending October 4th, X1 comes close but couldn't pass PS4. China release + FH2. SW for USA and UK

Year end is turning into a very interesting time.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:

Kinda like how in baseball a pitcher is awarded a win after the first 5 innings even if his team goes on to lose the game by the 9th inning.

Not true. If his team loses, he gets nothing. He is credited with the win only if his team manages to actually win.

The game is not over if the players are still in the field, and 7th gen will finish when both X360 and PS3 cease production.

Burek said:
Intrinsic said:

Kinda like how in baseball a pitcher is awarded a win after the first 5 innings even if his team goes on to lose the game by the 9th inning.

Not true. If his team loses, he gets nothing. He is credited with the win only if his team manages to actually win.

The game is not over if the players are still in the field, and 7th gen will finish when both X360 and PS3 cease production.

Please just do a simple google search on how many innings a starting pitcher needs to "get the win" in baseball.

And by your logic, that means the 6th gen of consoles finished in december 2012 when sony stopped manufacturing PS2s? A year before releasing the PS4... ok then. Not even gonna try and start explaining how wrong that line of thinking is if you can't figure it out for yourself.

Intrinsic said:

Please just do a simple google search on how many innings a starting pitcher needs to "get the win" in baseball.

And by your logic, that means the 6th gen of consoles finished in december 2012 when sony stopped manufacturing PS2s? A year before releasing the PS4... ok then. Not even gonna try and start explaining how wrong that line of thinking is if you can't figure it out for yourself.

As a lifelong baseball fan and former player this is not correct. A starting pitcher needs 5 innings to qualify for the win. If the lead changes and his team still wins he gets the "W". If he was leading when he left and is responsible for no runnners currently on base but his team loses he neither gets a win or a loss. At that point another pitcher (a relief pitcher) is responsible for the outcome. There is no win for the starter to get, obviously, as the team lost the game.

Just wanted to clear that up. :) 

Intrinsic said:
Burek said:
Intrinsic said:

Was going to explain, but Arachnid did a much better job.

And yes, 6th gen concluded when PS2 stopped production, as all sales until then were counted, obviously.

So, if X360 and PS3 continue to be produced and sold until about 2018/19 and overtake Wii, it will mean that those consoles sold more than Wii in their lifetime, thus winning the generation.

By your sports analogy, if one team builds a huge lead, and then leaves the field, they lose if their opponent stays until the end of the game and outscores them.

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:

I also think so ... 7th gen is over for me too.

but for the baseball part you are wrong.
he needs to pitch at least 5innings to be eligable for the win. (aka if he pitches 4 2/3 innings and then left with the lead he gets nothing)
if the opponent teams ties or even goes ahead after he left he gets nothing.

also close race this week. I thought xbone would take the lead. if it cant take the lead with the china launch it will get hard until halo.

Intrinsic said:

I also have to disagree with you.

When we talk about the PS2, we say it sold 155m. We don't say it sold 100m, because it was at that figure when gen 6 started. We also don't say that the DS outsold the PS2, just because those sales where "within its gen".

Current sales absolutely count, and future articles and discussions will focus on final numbers, not numbers as of now.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

DD_Bwest said:
well by vgc numbers, the ps4 is over 4 million past the WiiU, now it just needs to stay there :P ...lol

That will be very hard, since the gap will only grow from here

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

DonFerrari said:
prinz_valium said:

Ps4 probaly still overtracked in us

100k as end of August.

September Sales according to charts: 405k

And severely undertracked in all other places but UK and Japan right?

Maybe, yes Maybe something changed in Timbuktu :D

prinz_valium said:
DonFerrari said:
prinz_valium said:

Ps4 probaly still overtracked in us

100k as end of August.

September Sales according to charts: 405k

And severely undertracked in all other places but UK and Japan right?

Maybe, yes Maybe something changed in Timbuktu :D

PS4 has been constantly undertracked in vgchartz, what the hell are you talking about?