By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Capcom Won’t Work On A AAA Sequel Unless Its Predecessor Sold Over 2 Million Units

Umm, ok so is it just me or does 2mil and AAA seem to be a very low bar in this day and age?? I mean we all know there are plenty of AAA games that wouldnt even break even at 2mil so it makes sense really.

Around the Network
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Dead Rising is done I guess

Dead Rising is dead... until MS pay them more money and it rises once more =P I'll show myself out.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
daredevil.shark said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
RIP Okami T_T

Actually people who made okami went to platinum. Even if capcom makes sequel it wont be good. So there is no chance.

Fuck! Double RIP Okami then T_T T_T

I would say maybe Capcom could pay Plat to make a sequel but I would have a higher chance of riding a unicorn while having sex with Emma Watson before that happens

As I was primarily PC gamer in 6th Gen I never owned PS2. So I didn't got play it before I imported PS3 version from Japan. It was worth every penny.

KingdomHeartsFan said:

Dead Rising is done I guess

Dead Rising went multiplat. The PC sales should supplement what they didn't make exclusively on the Xbone. If you ask me they should bring it to the PS4, but I think MS might have stepped in the way of that.

Now is the time for a Power Stone.

RIP

Around the Network

FFS Capcom, just give Resident Evil and Monster Hunter annual installments instead of screwing around if your that desperate for money ...

ktay95 said:
Umm, ok so is it just me or does 2mil and AAA seem to be a very low bar in this day and age?? I mean we all know there are plenty of AAA games that wouldnt even break even at 2mil so it makes sense really.

Getting a AAA game to sell 2 million copies in this day and age is can be troublesome so calling that a "very low bar" is pushing it when there are frequent cases that show otherwise ... 

Good thing we know AA games don't need that many sales to get sequels.

It's a play on words you see, using AA both to refer to games with more modest budgets and as an abbreviation for the Ace... you know what, don't worry about it.

Hm. There is honestly not enough in that little blurb to judge what he's talking about.

Dragons Dogma??

You cant do this to us Capcom. Hopefully DD has crossed the 2 million mark with Dark Arisen, and they did say they were happy with sales. Hopefully Itsuno is secretly working on one.