By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Capcom Won’t Work On A AAA Sequel Unless Its Predecessor Sold Over 2 Million Units

In my cell.

Capcom Won’t Work On A AAA Sequel Unless Its Predecessor Sold Over 2 Million Units

October 8, 2014  | sickr  | 103 Comments

Capcom’s Yoshinori Ono has revealed in the latest edition of Japanese gaming publication Famitsu that the company won’t greenlight a AAA game sequel without over 2 million sales. Ono says that if a triple A title doesn’t achieve these kind of sales then they reflect on that and use their experience on other games.

“For instance, if a game doesn’t sell over 2 million copies, then we’d have to put the brakes on any plans for a sequel. All that means is that we weren’t capable enough. And all we can do after that is to reflect on the experience, take what we can learn from it, and try to apply those lessons on some other title.”

Source: http://mynintendonews.com/2014/10/08/capcom-wont-work-on-a-aaa-sequel-unless-its-predecessor-sold-over-2-million-units/

Around the Network

*Or unless someone gives us the money to make it

and yet we keep getting Resident Evil games...

Here goes dragons dogma sequel.

RIP Okami T_T

Seriously, this company is full of retards

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
RIP Okami T_T

Actually people who made okami went to platinum. Even if capcom makes sequel it wont be good. So there is no chance.

So that means:

- Monster Hunter will remain a Nintendo exclusive on 3DS. Sales are HUGE.
- They will stop supporting lots of home consoles.
- They will need to come up with new IPs.

Best Scenario: Nintendo buys CapCom!

daredevil.shark said:
RIP Okami T_T

Actually people who made okami went to platinum. Even if capcom makes sequel it wont be good. So there is no chance.

Fuck! Double RIP Okami then T_T T_T

I would say maybe Capcom could pay Plat to make a sequel but I would have a higher chance of riding a unicorn while having sex with Emma Watson before that happens

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

RIP Okami T_T

Seriously, this company is full of retards

Oh come on, Okami was long dead. They gave it so many chances and every time it proved that the series wasnt worth the effort, as great as it was.

Dead Rising is done I guess