By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The Mod Team: Questions, Comments, Concerns? Ask Here!

gooch_destroyer said:
Would I make a good one, trunks?

Well, you can't even type my name right so that's not a good start

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
gooch_destroyer said:
Would I make a good one, trunks?

lol oops! *Trucks. How about now?

RolStoppable said:
TruckOSaurus said:

That does seem reasonable. I'll be discussing it with the other mods/head mods since this would be an unusual way of hiring someone. Quick question, is your offer time limited or would you be willing to wait for an eventual hiring round?

I am not willing to wait for an eventual hiring round because I don't see particularly good chances for myself to make it. The way I see it, I'd expect the mod team to discuss my application, but then there would be too many ifs and buts to go through with it. For example: "What if Rol does do bad things, should we really risk it to appoint someone as a mod when we have to expect that we might have to demote him within a week or two? Better be safe than sorry. Better luck next time, Rol."

So this interim mod/trial mod thing here would benefit both parties. I could be a mod to see if it is really something that I would like to do for an extended period of time while the risk for you as a team gets reduced. If it doesn't work, we can part ways quickly and without any serious consequences, because we both agreed on an unusual set of terms beforehand. The conditions are set up in a way that will make me walk on thin ice to make this experiment more secure for the mod team. Like I said, should my actions be considered troublesome, it would be over.

I think you're selling yourself short when saying the mod team would dismiss your application outright during an official hiring round. What we look for are great applications and sometimes we find ourselves considering someone we never thought of hiring before because they show real promise in their application. We've taken chances on some people before (some with great results, others not so much) so I personally wouldn't strike you off because you mentioned needing a trial period.

Talking with other mods and from messages in this thread and in my inbox, I've come to realize that hiring you without following the normal process wouldn't be fair to other users who also showed interest in moderation (some of which submitted applications in previous rounds). So what I'm getting at here is that I'm still very interested in what you could bring to the mod team but that I'll have to hope you are still interested when the times comes for a new hiring round and that you'll submit an application along with your fellow members.

Signature goes here!

gooch_destroyer said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Lemme guess... I'm now Shu?

gooch_destroyer said:
TruckOSaurus said:

- Knows how to admit when wrong - Check

I definitely think you wouldn't be wasting your time filling in an application when new hiring comes around.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Lol Smegas.

Alright, thanks, Trucks.

I request no more requested bans. If you give them, then stand by them and dont let them come back before they said they would. It only creates drama and serves people who is seeking attention.

Other than that i think you guys have been doing a good job recently and have no further complaints.

RolStoppable said:

Yeah, I guess it wouldn't be fair to others.

Speaking of fairness, when will Kerotan be unbanned? He's overdue three weeks now and people have already posted on his wall that it's all a joke. It has run its course, so we won't get any more comments like this one anyway:

zero129 posted something on Kerotan's wall:

About fucking time im really happy this day has finally come good bye you troll..

For what its worth, I have put forward something to deal with this kind of post.

Wont say more than that for now.

RolStoppable said:

Why would you do that? Unless you mean that a mod is going to personally congratulate zero129 for writing such a good post. That would be okay.

"Deal with" probably isnt the best phrase I could have used.

Although I will be sure to remind you to congratulate him when you get your eventual promotion.

Carl2291 said:
RolStoppable said:

For what its worth, I have put forward something to deal with this kind of post.

Wont say more than that for now.

To be fair Kerotan is an infamous user.  Once you create a reputation like that(and this goes to any user) then youre going to have more than a few people dislike you.  Its why i think it was a bad idea to go along with the joke because it was inevitable that comments like that were going to happen.