By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The Mod Team: Questions, Comments, Concerns? Ask Here!

RolStoppable said:
I want to be a mod, for real.

With the recent cuts, you are down to eleven mods. Everyone knows that it takes at least a dozen of mods to properly monitor a forum of this size, so you need my help. I am quite sure that you are going to look for more mods before too long, but it wouldn't hurt if you had an interim mod until then. And who other than me would be more qualified for such a job?

Do it dammit!

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
I want to be a mod, for real.

With the recent cuts, you are down to eleven mods. Everyone knows that it takes at least a dozen of mods to properly monitor a forum of this size, so you need my help. I am quite sure that you are going to look for more mods before too long, but it wouldn't hurt if you had an interim mod until then. And who other than me would be more qualified for such a job?

Honestly, if Rol took it seriously he would be an amazing mod.  He is one of the most intelligent and discerning people on this website.  

But the question is whether he would take it seriously...

Is there a way to change who posted a thread or who can control it like who adds to new content to it? The reason I'm asking is because of Conegamer's NintenDomination Thread. Shouldn't someone else take over for Conegamer on editing/adding content to his thread until he's back? I'm not volunteering or anything.

Aeolus451 said:
Is there a way to change who posted a thread or who can control it like who adds to new content to it? The reason I'm asking is because of Conegamer's NintenDomination Thread. Shouldn't someone else take over for Conegamer on editing/adding content to his thread until he's back? I'm not volunteering or anything.

As of right now there isn't a way to change control of a thread but to answer your second question, I am currently editing/adding content to his thread while he's gone.

Leadified said:
Aeolus451 said:

As of right now there isn't a way to change control of a thread but to answer your second question, I am currently editing/adding content to his thread while he's gone.

That's good to know.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
gergroy said:

Honestly, if Rol took it seriously he would be an amazing mod.  He is one of the most intelligent and discerning people on this website.  

But the question is whether he would take it seriously...

Of course I would. More seriously than people like Barozi, Mr Khan and Smeags anyway. I wouldn't gloat about becoming part of a user's mod history.

Well, there is definitely a difference between joking around with somebody that you are friendly with in their mod notes or say... Banning somebody because they like EA games.  Specifically bioware.  Like I said, I think you would make a great mod, I think you should get your trial run!

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7229538

So why wasn't this post moderated? He's shitting on a game and on someone's personal opinion without giving constructive criticism.

Samus Aran said:

So why wasn't this post moderated? He's shitting on a game and on someone's personal opinion without giving constructive criticism.

You should go back and read the op of this thread. 

gergroy said:
Samus Aran said:

You should go back and read the op of this thread. 

My bad, but I already reported him and nothing happened which is why I'm asking.

- M, Carl

Samus Aran said:

Small and petty, but sure. I can agree with that being a bad post. Anyway this needs to be repeated, directly from the OP itself;

- This is not the place to ask for moderation on another user. Report said user's potentially moderatable post/thread and let the Mod team handle it from there on out.

- This is not the place to ask why your report did not result in a moderation for a user. Be respectful of the process and trust that every report is carefully examined before it is either dismissed or acted upon.