By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The Mod Team: Questions, Comments, Concerns? Ask Here!

Samus Aran said:
gergroy said:

You should go back and read the op of this thread. 

My bad, but I already reported him and nothing happened which is why I'm asking.

Well, looks like they just hadnt got to it yet, it has now been moderated.  

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Samus Aran said:
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7229538

So why wasn't this post moderated? He's shitting on a game and on someone's personal opinion without giving constructive criticism.

Small and petty, but sure. I can agree with that being a bad post. Anyway this needs to be repeated, directly from the OP itself;

- This is not the place to ask for moderation on another user. Report said user's potentially moderatable post/thread and let the Mod team handle it from there on out.

- This is not the place to ask why your report did not result in a moderation for a user. Be respectful of the process and trust that every report is carefully examined before it is either dismissed or acted upon.

Yep, sorry for not reading OP. Next time I'll just pm a mod if I have an issue.

Live and learn.

Hanging on the edge of tomorrow.

RolStoppable said:
So the whole "make me a mod" thing gets ignored by the mods? Specifically by the head mod Smeags who also gets harrassed on his wall.

This isn't going to go away, so a serious answer to my request is kind of required. Yeah, I know. You don't like to lie. Just tell the truth then.

Maybe they just aren't ready to add new mods right now?  

RolStoppable said:
gergroy said:

Maybe they just aren't ready to add new mods right now?  

Does "interim mod" not mean what I think it means?

Ok, maybe they aren't ready to add "interim" mods right now...

so, just for clarity, are you only interested in being a mod on a temporary basis?

RolStoppable said:
gergroy said:

Ok, maybe they aren't ready to add "interim" mods right now...

so, just for clarity, are you only interested in being a mod on a temporary basis?

Well, I am not sure how long I would want to commit to it. I would have to be a mod in order to decide how much I like it.

Well I can probably see why they aren't in a rush to make you a mod then.  If you were interviewing for a job, would you tell them you only want the job to see if you like it?  There are plenty of people willing to commit for the long haul, if you are serious about it Rol, you should be willing to do the same.

Around the Network

Smeags is our current interim mod.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Please don't ban me....

This is my way of thanking mods for being mods.

RolStoppable said:
So the whole "make me a mod" thing gets ignored by the mods? Specifically by the head mod Smeags who also gets harrassed on his wall.

This isn't going to go away, so a serious answer to my request is kind of required. Yeah, I know. You don't like to lie. Just tell the truth then.

I'm going to answer honestly since I believe you are genuine (but who knows with people with Kim Possible avatars). I do think you'd be a great mod, you've shown more than once in this very thread that you have good judgment and understand the role of moderator. You also know the community pretty well but there's also part of me that thinks you would just ban the whole mod team once you get the powers. 

Another concern I have is that I know there are some rules you don't agree with and while I think it would be great to be able to discuss with you about these situations as they arise, I'm afraid you'd only be interested in moderating according to your own set of rules which could cause problems.

Signature goes here!

RolStoppable said:
TruckOSaurus said:

I'm going to answer honestly since I believe you are genuine (but who knows with people with Kim Possible avatars). I do think you'd be a great mod, you've shown more than once in this very thread that you have good judgment and understand the role of moderator. You also know the community pretty well but there's also part of me that thinks you would just ban the whole mod team once you get the powers. 

Another concern I have is that I know there are some rules you don't agree with and while I think it would be great to be able to discuss with you about these situations as they arise, I'm afraid you'd only be interested in moderating according to your own set of rules which could cause problems.

Finally an answer.

Banning the whole mod team wouldn't really work because ioi can circumvent everything. So while I could theoretically have up to one week of full power (given how hard it can be to reach ioi), I would suffer terrible consequences in the aftermath. It would also be a huge betrayal and abuse of trust. Would I piss away a reputation that I've built over eight years for a few hours to a few days of fun? Would banning a mod or the entire team be even fun to begin with? Banning Smeags was lame, even though he deserved banning. In short, I have no good motive to ban the mod team.

As for the second paragraph, that's why I set a certain condition in my proposal to Smeags: If I am causing problems for the mod team, you are free to instantly revoke my modship.

That does seem reasonable. I'll be discussing it with the other mods/head mods since this would be an unusual way of hiring someone. Quick question, is your offer time limited or would you be willing to wait for an eventual hiring round?

Signature goes here!

Would I make a good one, trunks?