By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny (PS4) outsells Mario Kart 8 in less then 2 weeks.

Naum said:
One game will have 75% of it's total sales within the first 3 months after that it will be sold at max 19$... the other will sell for years and years at ordinary price 49$ over and over again... yeah nice clickbait thread.

Sounds like someone has a personal bias ^^^.... Its only natural a game with as big of an openning will be more front ended otherwise it would end up outselling the system its on lol. At this point can any of us really say how Destiny's legs will be? 

It will be interesting to see how things look after the holiday.

P.S: The fact that Nintendo refuses to lower the prices of ANY of their games is not an achievement its just a pricing strategy.

Around the Network
teigaga said:
Naum said:
One game will have 75% of it's total sales within the first 3 months after that it will be sold at max 19$... the other will sell for years and years at ordinary price 49$ over and over again... yeah nice clickbait thread.

Sounds like someone has a personal bias ^^^.... Its only natural a game with as big of an openning will be more front ended otherwise it would end up outselling the system its on lol. At this point can any of us really say how Destiny's legs will be? 

P.S: The fact that Nintendo refuses to lower the prices of ANY of their games is not an achievement its just a pricing strategy.

umm.. no.. games gets a lower price beacuse it doesn't sell(or sll less and less)... Nintendo games pretty much always sell enough to never have lower the price... been like this for several generations. 28+ years of playing games have shown me this.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

exdeath said:

An over hyped Craptivision funded casual mainstream dude bro Call of Gears of Halo type online shooter selling more that a good niche VIDEO GAME call me shocked.

Mario Kart 8 will still be 59.99 in a month when Destiny is another 19.99 has been selling used at Gamestop for $4.

Except mario isn't niche. The last game outsold any COD, ''dude bro'', or ''mainstream'' game by more then double. Prior to that Mario Kart Double Dash outsold every single PS2 game outside of GTA, GT and MGS. The PS2 had a 100m+ userbase advantage. Mario Kart outsells everything... 

Naum said:
teigaga said:
Naum said:

umm.. no.. games gets a lower price beacuse it doesn't sell(or sll less and less)... Nintendo games pretty much always sell enough to never have lower the price... been like this for several generations. 28+ years of playing games have shown me this.

So a quick search...

Pikmin 3, no where in the charts and still is almost full priced.
Zelda Ocarina of time 3d. No where in the charts,  full priced....
Luigi's Mansion, same as above ^
A ink Between Worlds 2 ^^

GTA5 (number 18 in this weeks chart). Currently cheaper then all of the above in most stores. It speaks for itself really. Clearly a Nintnedo thing, not a sales thing. As a gamer, I personally prefer it that when I can pick up a game for half price 6months after it launches :)

Ka-pi96 said:
Makes sense for a better game to sell more

Review scores and Metacritic would suggest otherwise ;).

Around the Network
teigaga said:
Naum said:
teigaga said:
Naum said:

So a quick search...

GTA5 (number 18 in this weeks chart). Currently cheaper then all of the above in most stores. It speaks for itself really. Clearly a Nintnedo thing, not a sales thing. As a gamer, I personally prefer it that when I can pick up a game for half price 6months after it launches :)

Haha that's nice. However, I agree Nintendo knows that can keep their first games at full and still except a reasonable level of sales. At the same time the profit margin is so high on thier games that make a lot more money off each unit versus a lot of other third part games.

Fusioncode said:
exdeath said:
An over hyped Craptivision funded casual mainstream dude bro Call of Gears of Halo type online shooter selling more that a good niche VIDEO GAME call me shocked.

First time I've heard someone call Mario Kart niche

It is to non nintendo fans :0

teigaga said:
Naum said

it is an achievement, most games drop price in less than 3 months while most nintendo first party games dont drop intill 3 years. Maximum profits on a single title is pretty damn good

lol at some of the comments

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Devil_Survivor said:
teigaga said:
Naum said:

So a quick search...

Haha that's nice. However, I agree Nintendo knows that can keep their first games at full and still except a reasonable level of sales. At the same time the profit margin is so high on thier games that make a lot more money off each unit versus a lot of other third part games.

I'd say only some of their games, but either way its a strategy that works. Keep profit margins high, if someone really wants it, chances are they'll pick it up eventual. I think its part of their marketing aswell though, if its quality why lower the price and its perceived value? But again as a gamer I prefer the price cutting stategy although I don't think  publishers specifically cut them, they just give more flexibility to retailers in how they price the games. Ironically that seems to be how Nintendo are with hardware (at least in europe). They've stabalised somewhat but Wii U prices were all over the place!