By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny (PS4) outsells Mario Kart 8 in less then 2 weeks.

Davman said:

Mario franchise is big , but it is not big enough to push so many consoles like playstation.

And not all Wii U owners are Mario fans, i bought Wii U for Bayonetta 2 for example.

Yeah, I'm that way. Out of all the Mario games. I only bought SMB 1-2 (FDS versions), SMB 3, Land 1-3, Yoshi Island, MK1, DS, 8, NSMBDS. And only played SM64, Double dash at a freinds house. Rented Yoshi 64.  I've only tried super circuit because it was in the ambasador program. I've never played All the remaining Mario games. I just don't get any huge incline to buy them.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Noshowers said:
toot1231 said:

Not to be rude but, this is hands down one of the dumbest statements i've seen on this site.

This is not a rude statement, this is an estute observation and appropriate comment on your part.  

The "most gamers don't like Mario" is just a troll trying to get Nintendo fans riled up.  As I posted in the other Destiny thread, i have played over 60 hours of Destiny and continue to play it to this day, but basically every iteration of Mario short of "Hotel" is leagues better then Bungies latest offering.

Irony much?

One is a blanket statement on "most gamers" (including you and me), and one was a personal opinion leaving your and anyone else's feelings to themselves.

Turkish said:
fleischr said:
Destiny is terribly frontloaded though.

MK is the very definition of gaming sales legs. Years from now, MK8 will have outsold Destiny PS4 by roughly a 2:1 margin. (MK8 12-14 million, Destiny PS4 6-7 million)

HAHAHAHAHAHA you gotta be jokin

Will Wii U even get to 14 million?? Even if it does, will the attach ratio be 100 percent? LMAO even a 50 percent attach ratio is ridiculous and impossible

No, not joking. The Wii U is trending 2x  better as it did last year - So it'll likely pull 2-4 million over this holiday alone (2012 holiday about 2 million, 2013 about 1.5 million) . 2015 is a likely peak year for Wii U, so it'll likely cross 14 million sometime then. From there they could sustain some momentum in 2016 to pass 20 million in that year. They'll likely support it for another 1-2 years after that. Sometime a little after support ends, it'll hit 30 million when it's discontinued at retail in 2019ish

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

JazzB1987 said:

I heard Angry Birds sold better than Destiny.

'Sold' would imply that a customer gave any amount of money for the game, which isnt the case for the majority of Angry Bird's ''sales''.

I wonder how much would Destiny ''sell'' if it's price was 0$

bubblegamer said:
toot1231 said:
bubblegamer said:

I dunno. Destiny may not be a great game, but it's certainly better than MK8. Most gamers don't even like Mario.

Not to be rude but, this is hands down one of the dumbest statements i've seen on this site.

Some can't discuss normally it seems. Name calling as fast as you feel threatened..

Some can't discuss normally it seems without making a useless flamebait comment. If you're using sales to back up you're statement, then this means that most gamers don't like any games. So your comment was indeed useless and flamebait. 

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

Around the Network
kupomogli said:
MRKs said:
Quality =/= Sales

Isn't it Nintendo fans that constantly argue that sales do equal quality because most first party games hit a million plus sales?

rofl? nope not at all.

NSMB is a worse game than Galaxy  yet Galaxy sold worse. And no Nintendo fan argues that NSMB is a better game.

Its the typical "twist words" thing you just did.

That's pretty impressive. Activision and Bunjie have made a game that appealed to gamers more than anything that Sony, M$, and Nintendo have managed to release so far!! Beating the big three (even on Sony and M$'s own turf) is no small feat.

lot of straight lies in this thread. Love how some people arent "surprised" crap. Very few if any thought the PS4 version ALONE was going to pass up MK8 so quickly, if at all. 8 had months lead time and isnt avalaible on 4 other platforms. Destiny passing it is stupendous no matter how one wants to spin it. Could MK8 outleg it? sure PS4 version anyway. but all of them? doubt it.

kupomogli said:
MRKs said:
Quality =/= Sales

Isn't it Nintendo fans that constantly argue that sales do equal quality because most first party games hit a million plus sales?

I don't know, ask them personally.

As for me, quality does not equals sales and a lot of games prove me right (Wii music to name a Nintendo game)

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin