By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny (PS4) outsells Mario Kart 8 in less then 2 weeks.

Mario franchise is big , but it is not big enough to push so many consoles like playstation.

And not all Wii U owners are Mario fans, i bought Wii U for Bayonetta 2 for example.

Around the Network
Tachikoma said:
JazzB1987 said:

I heard Angry Birds sold better than Destiny.

On mobile,  sure,  but then you're comparing and install base of 11 million to over 400 million. 

just a little bit weighted there. 

And? We are comparing an overhyped SHOOTER on consoles with a racing game that is not focusing on realism in an era where nothing is more important than violence/explosion, graphics and realism.

One comparison is as dumb as the other.

jlmurph2 said:
JazzB1987 said:

Definitely not on console

Okay then my reply to Destiny outsells Mario Kart 8 would be"Destiniy definitely did not sell better on WiiU" 

Whats with all those arbitrary limitations/exclusions?  A device that is capable of gaming is a device capable of gaming.

If I can compare a WiIU to a PS4 then I can compare it to an Ouya or iPhone or PC.

KLAMarine said:
Ka-pi96 said:

maybe TLOU will just take it again

I hope not.

TLOU2 sure will, count on that.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
JazzB1987 said:
Tachikoma said:
JazzB1987 said:

On mobile,  sure,  but then you're comparing and install base of 11 million to over 400 million. 

And? We are comparing an overhyped SHOOTER on consoles with a racing game that is not focusing on realism in an era where nothing is more important than violence/explosion, graphics and realism.

jlmurph2 said:
JazzB1987 said:

Okay then my reply to Destiny outsells Mario Kart 8 would be"Destiniy definitely did not sell better on WiiU" 

Whats with all those arbitrary limitations/exclusions?  A device that is capable of gaming is a device capable of gaming.

If I can compare a WiIU to a PS4 then I can compare it to an Ouya or iPhone or PC.

theyre both console games. 

angry birds sales (the ones you want to bring up)  are an entirely different format. 

its not the same at all,  stop being so blatently salty. 

JazzB1987 said:
Tachikoma said:
JazzB1987 said:

jlmurph2 said:
JazzB1987 said:

Lol oh come on, you're reaching so hard with that comeback. We're literally on a console retail sales site, so we're allowed to compare. Nowhere here will you find iPhone or Ouya software sales. 

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Makes sense for a better game to sell more

Destiny is barely even a good game, let alone a better game than Mario Kart 8.

Have you even played the game? If you haven't play it before giving us your opinion on it.

Kane1389 said:
tbone51 said:
teigaga said:
Naum said

P.S: The fact that Nintendo refuses to lower the prices of ANY of their games is not an achievement its just a pricing strategy.

it is an achievement, most games drop price in less than 3 months while most nintendo first party games dont drop intill 3 years. Maximum profits on a single title is pretty damn good

Not really since higher price = less sales = less profit

Not strictly less profit. Higher Price means higher profit margins which means they need fewer sales to make alot of money. Either strategy works, keeping your high price is especially effective if you think people will fork out to buy the game regardless of the price and thats definitely the case with massive IPs (mario kart/Smash bros). Not so much with  smaller franchises (pikmin) which people don't feel they need and are usually on the fence with

CGI-Quality said:
NightDragon83 said:
Destiny is THE most overhyped game of all time, bar none

Definitely not.

Name one other brand new IP that was as heavily hyped and advertised as Destiny was.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Ka-pi96 said:
NightDragon83 said:
CGI-Quality said:
NightDragon83 said:

Definitely not.

Name one other brand new IP that was as heavily hyped and advertised as Destiny was.

Watch Dogs? Titanfall? And you didn't say new ip originally so... GTA V? COD?

Oh really now?  Both Watchdogs and Titanfall had bigger advertising campaigns and set sales records due to all the hype than Destiny did?  Didn't think so.

And GTA / COD are known comoddities at this point and sell strictly on their names alone.  Same situation with Mario Kart 8... it sold well not because of tons of advertising and hype, but because it has "Mario Kart" in the title.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

CGI-Quality said:
NightDragon83 said:
CGI-Quality said:
NightDragon83 said:

Definitely not.

Strategic shift of argument. You didn't say: "brand new IP", originally.

Fine..  Me:  Destiny is the most overhyped game of all time, bar none.

You: No

Me:  Name one.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said: