By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny (PS4) outsells Mario Kart 8 in less then 2 weeks.

tbone51 said:
Fusioncode said:
exdeath said:
An over hyped Craptivision funded casual mainstream dude bro Call of Gears of Halo type online shooter selling more that a good niche VIDEO GAME call me shocked.

First time I've heard someone call Mario Kart niche

It is to non nintendo fans :0

That doesn't make any sense. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
Guitarguy said:
naruball said:
KLAMarine said:
bubblegamer said:

I did. MC is not how you tell which game is better. People vote with their wallets.

So a game that is purchased more is a better game than a game that is not purchased as much? Okay...

Many people didn't like The Last of US and there is nothing wrong with that.

"Many" is a very vague term. The game sold something like 7 million copies so even if 200,000 or 1,000,000 people(most would consider that number 'many') disliked the game, it is still in the vast minority. I'm not saying 100% of people loved the game, just that the word 'many' has a very vague implication. I'm sure there are people out there who disliked(or didn't care for) MK8, Gears of war, Halo 3/4, Mario Galaxy, Uncharted, GT5, Forza 5 etc but the general consensus is that the majority of people who played them, did like them.

I fail to see your point. My point was not about the general consensus, but about whether good sales/good reviews/good user scores instantly make a game good for everyone just because the majority likes it. My problem is with everyone attacking Ka-pi as if Mk8 is without a doubt the better game for everyone. It's not. Yes, perhaps the vast majority of people who played it, loved it, but not every single person does so he should feel free to say that he didn't think it was a good game.

As for sales alone, the examples you listed are mainly of games that sold well and were well received by critics and gamers. There are games like Dead Island that sold well due to a great trailer, games like wii play that sold well due to the bundle and the list goes on. Sales are not proof of quality, 

I used a vague term intentionally. Saying most/only a few is just wrong, though not as bad as making up your own percentages. We simply don't know whether most people who played it liked it and the posts you see on forums are incredibly misleading. Going by posts alone one would think that the vita was the most popular device two years ago and that Gravity Rush have been played and enjoyed by millions. Out of all my friends who play video games, only one scores games and doen't even posts on forums. Hence why Fifa and COD mainly getting hate or people being indifferent to them online.

What to say, congrats Sony and Bungie.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

tbone51 said:
teigaga said:
Naum said

P.S: The fact that Nintendo refuses to lower the prices of ANY of their games is not an achievement its just a pricing strategy.

it is an achievement, most games drop price in less than 3 months while most nintendo first party games dont drop intill 3 years. Maximum profits on a single title is pretty damn good

Not really since higher price = less sales = less profit

Kane1389 said:
tbone51 said:
teigaga said:
Naum said

P.S: The fact that Nintendo refuses to lower the prices of ANY of their games is not an achievement its just a pricing strategy.

it is an achievement, most games drop price in less than 3 months while most nintendo first party games dont drop intill 3 years. Maximum profits on a single title is pretty damn good

And it's quite an odd pricing strategy for some games. You can still buy Mario Kart DS, New Super Mario Bros. etc here for full price. I'm not even kidding.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Squeezol said:
Kane1389 said:

And it's quite an odd pricing strategy for some games. You can still buy Mario Kart DS, New Super Mario Bros. etc here for full price. I'm not even kidding.

huh, doesn't that just encourage people to buy used instead then?

That's why I am saying it is an odd strategy. 

Ka-pi96 said:
Kerotan said:
tbone51 said:
Kerotan said:

Mario Kart 8 is just barely outselling watch dogs weekly and watch dogs is a good 400k units ahead in total sales. If watch dogs can hold off MK8 what makes you think Destiny which is bigger can't? 

Yeah but holiday MK8>Watchdogs and importantly MK8>>>Watchdgs for 2015 and beyond

you never know. it has 400k to catch up and if the PS4's sales stay vastly superior to the Wii U it could overtake it weekly. It's held it off with ease so far. 

Yeah, and don't forget the inevitable GOTY version of Watch Dogs including all DLC.

watchdogs is a solid 8/10 game but it's taking the piss if they release a GOTY edition! 

I heard Angry Birds sold better than Destiny.

JazzB1987 said:

On mobile,  sure,  but then you're comparing and install base of 11 million to over 400 million. 

just a little bit weighted there. 

JazzB1987 said:

Definitely not on console