By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny (PS4) outsells Mario Kart 8 in less then 2 weeks.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Not too surprising. Wii U has like 2/3 of the PS4 userbase and Destiny is a Bungie FPS.

why bring up the user base and not the numbers of new releases for each platform?

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Around the Network
FATALITY said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
Not too surprising. Wii U has like 2/3 of the PS4 userbase and Destiny is a Bungie FPS.

why bring up the user base and not the numbers of new releases for each platform?

Neither game had any competition in terms of new releases for the two weeks of data in discussion.

Not that it would matter anyway. It's still a mass appeal FPS on the highest userbase console versus a Nintendo mascot racer on a much smaller console.

Too often people remember what some of these games sold on Wii and expect similar Wii U results.

fleischr said:
Destiny is terribly frontloaded though.

MK is the very definition of gaming sales legs. Years from now, MK8 will have outsold Destiny PS4 by roughly a 2:1 margin. (MK8 12-14 million, Destiny PS4 6-7 million)

HAHAHAHAHAHA you gotta be jokin

Will Wii U even get to 14 million?? Even if it does, will the attach ratio be 100 percent? LMAO even a 50 percent attach ratio is ridiculous and impossible

kupomogli said:
MRKs said:
Quality =/= Sales

Isn't it Nintendo fans that constantly argue that sales do equal quality because most first party games hit a million plus sales?

Ouch that hurts :P TRUE FACT

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
Turkish said:
fleischr said:

MK is the very definition of gaming sales legs. Years from now, MK8 will have outsold Destiny PS4 by roughly a 2:1 margin. (MK8 12-14 million, Destiny PS4 6-7 million)

Will Wii U even get to 14 million?? Even if it does, will the attach ratio be 100 percent? LMAO even a 50 percent attach ratio is ridiculous and impossible

With that attach ratio, MK8 would be the most hyped game of all games :P

Around the Network
fleischr said:

While I don't agree about MK8 selling 12-14 million, the "legs" argument is certainly valid. It will have better legs than Destiny.

LudicrousSpeed said:
fleischr said:

While I don't agree about MK8 selling 12-14 million, the "legs" argument is certainly valid. It will have better legs than Destiny.

No surprise though since WiiU owners can only rely on their 1st party games for the most part, neglecting the very few 3rd parties that go to that platform. I better have short legs, but games doing well and many producing games for the console making it a healthy console, than only having 1st party games. It's a very schizofrenic strategy.

LudicrousSpeed said:
fleischr said:

if wiiu starts to get more games it wont

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Turkish said:
fleischr said:

I do get where your coming from but i disagree with your last statement. If WiiU ends up selling 14mil (i predict 17mil btw :0) i can see MK8 doing 7mil-7.5mil thus making it possible.

WiiU had 6.6mil last quarter shipped and 2.82mil mk8 shipped (these numbers in 33 days) and its yet to see a holiday (which is where it'll be selling alot more!)

spemanig said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Makes sense for a better game to sell more

Destiny is barely even a good game, let alone a better game than Mario Kart 8.

Agreed