By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Final Fantasy XV Footage + Battle System Details

Munkeh111 said:
CosmicSex said:
Wright said:

A bit disappointing that Noctis is the only playable character.

Seems very much like Kingdom Hearts.

You mean the game where Donald and Goofy are of help at all. On Proud mode, they die within 5 seconds of the battle starting. On normal, they last a bit longer, but are mostly always dead.

So all I do with them is take away their items and let them mess about on their own.

I hope there's a FF XII style system. I know gambits aren't great, since you tend to set them once or twice during the game, then only ever really need to make slight adjustments, but they're better than nothing

Here's hoping XVI is turn based again!

Gameplay wise FFXII and XIII needed each in my opinions. Gambits needed some form of micro management like paragim system and when in combat your allies in XIII  needed some for of player informed Ai like gambits. But I guess the buttom line is that both games needed more player input and I'm not so sure thats gonna happen here : /

Around the Network
ktay95 said:
wolfofthepack said:

true ? i am being silly? lets see dead space 3 did that stray away from its roots In order to widen its appeal and wat happened it sucked it didnt bring no new customers but lost alot of the old ones ! resident evil same ting it sucked! dmc same thing it sucked ! plz correct if i am wrong !

Call of Duty, Minecraft, Mario, Candy Crush Saga, shall I name more games that dominate the industry that aim for a wider appeal?? =P

now this is being silly minecraft candy crush 1 iterration each dont count! call of duty hasnt not change their formula(gameplay) for pass 7 yrs ! mario is the only sucessful one to have done this !

wolfofthepack said:
ktay95 said:

Call of Duty, Minecraft, Mario, Candy Crush Saga, shall I name more games that dominate the industry that aim for a wider appeal?? =P

now this is being silly minecraft candy crush 1 iterration each dont count! call of duty hasnt not change their formula(gameplay) for pass 7 yrs ! mario is the only sucessful one to have done this !

No, every game franchise did this, you are just naming the ones that did it wrong.

Final fantasy 3 had shit accessibility, do you value it over VII which was more casual ?

Kyuu said:
I see they scrapped the idea of controlling more than a character. Very disappointing.

I actually prefer it, if there is anything from KH in this game thats definately it. You don't need to manually control all the other chracters to actually control them. Thats where gambits and positional gameplay comes in. 

The only negative is not being able to play with other characters. Originally each character but, noc who can use all weapons, was tied to one weapon but compensated for that by having special feature. The gun guy was able go into a overshoulder mode to aim at critical spots.

Around the Network
Xxain said:
The only negative is not being able to play with other characters. Originally each character but, noc who can use all weapons, was tied to one weapon but compensated for that by having special feature. The gun guy was able go into a overshoulder mode to aim at critical spots.

The only thing we really lost, I mean if Noct played like them all but he could warp around and what not why would we really want to switch??

Soooo.... Kingdom Hearts then?

I don't care what anyone says. True FF is about menus that give options like fight, magic, run, item. All players should be fully controllable. The traditional ff theme music like the crystal theme and victory theme should be there. FF is ruined. I bought every FF until 13. Yes, even 12 gave some respect to tradition. 13 killed it. FF15 may be a good game on it's own, but it is not FF.It doesn't deserve the name! Oh, and I didn't even finish 13 and got rid of it.

gamemaster4747 said:
I don't care what anyone says. True FF is about menus that give options like fight, magic, run, item. All players should be fully controllable.

gamemaster4747 said:
13 killed it.

??????????

gamemaster4747 said:
I don't care what anyone says. True FF is about menus that give options like fight, magic, run, item. All players should be fully controllable. The traditional ff theme music like the crystal theme and victory theme should be there. FF is ruined. I bought every FF until 13. Yes, even 12 gave some respect to tradition. 13 killed it. FF15 may be a good game on it's own, but it is not FF.It doesn't deserve the name! Oh, and I didn't even finish 13 and got rid of it.

Nothing was killed. The series evolved over time while you didn't. It's no big deal. You get to replay those older games if you have them.