By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Final Fantasy XV Footage + Battle System Details

I don't care what anyone says. True FF is about menus that give options like fight, magic, run, item. All players should be fully controllable. The traditional ff theme music like the crystal theme and victory theme should be there. FF is ruined. I bought every FF until 13. Yes, even 12 gave some respect to tradition. 13 killed it. FF15 may be a good game on it's own, but it is not FF.It doesn't deserve the name! Oh, and I didn't even finish 13 and got rid of it.

Around the Network
gamemaster4747 said:
I don't care what anyone says. True FF is about menus that give options like fight, magic, run, item. All players should be fully controllable.

gamemaster4747 said:
13 killed it.

??????????

gamemaster4747 said:
I don't care what anyone says. True FF is about menus that give options like fight, magic, run, item. All players should be fully controllable. The traditional ff theme music like the crystal theme and victory theme should be there. FF is ruined. I bought every FF until 13. Yes, even 12 gave some respect to tradition. 13 killed it. FF15 may be a good game on it's own, but it is not FF.It doesn't deserve the name! Oh, and I didn't even finish 13 and got rid of it.

Nothing was killed. The series evolved over time while you didn't. It's no big deal. You get to replay those older games if you have them.

Wright said:
gamemaster4747 said:
I don't care what anyone says. True FF is about menus that give options like fight, magic, run, item. All players should be fully controllable.

gamemaster4747 said:
13 killed it.

??????????

Don't you know, Wright? FF XIII doesn't have menus, and isn't turn based. xD

Wagram said:

I would like to know more about this section:

"- There will be advanced evasion and attack techniques depending on equipment and control input."

I'm glad that the auto-guard drains MP and isn't permanent, but I still fear it'll be too easy
. I wonder if a manual control mode will be implemented?

I do agree though. Developers need to stop with the widening of appeal comments. All it does is cause chaos.

I don't think it will be too easy at all... it will be just like holding a block button that depletes a stamina guage while you do. just that in this case the stamina gauge will be your magic bar. I am also guessing that your magic bar will depelte faster or slower depending on what kinda attack you are blocking and you will have to cast certain spells too boost your defence against certain attacks.

Nothing about that seems too easy, unless you think a game like demon's souls is easy, cause even there all you had to do was hold a button to block :)

As for the evasion and attack opyions, Ia m assuming the gambits you can set will be very elaborate. So you can set gambits for certain attacks or defence moves to make based on specific situations eg. after an evade.

Around the Network
Hynad said:
Wright said:
gamemaster4747 said:

gamemaster4747 said:
13 killed it.

??????????

Don't you know, Wright? FF XIII doesn't have menus, and isn't turn based. xD

You can't equip weapons and accesories either.

Munkeh111 said:
CosmicSex said:
Wright said:

A bit disappointing that Noctis is the only playable character.

Seems very much like Kingdom Hearts.

You mean the game where Donald and Goofy are of help at all. On Proud mode, they die within 5 seconds of the battle starting. On normal, they last a bit longer, but are mostly always dead.

So all I do with them is take away their items and let them mess about on their own.

What does the AI of an 8 year old game have to do with this at all?  Like that will give any indication about how your allies will be in FFXV...We've already seen way more interaction with your party members in this game than we have in any KH game, ex that clip from TGS where Notis got injured and his teammates helped him up and took out the monster that injured him.

Hopefully now everyone will understand what "one button" means. Even though it was explained many times, it just didn't get through

Sounds awesome all around :)

So the game's battles didn't get any slower after all. 

Wright said:

A bit disappointing that Noctis is the only playable character.

This is the only remaining compliant that might has some weight to it. It does make sense though both in gameplay and story-wise. In battle the distance between Noctis and the others decides what skill are available to use, as the director said, the battle system is revolving around the main character. Story-wise Noctis is the only one with magic and special skill. 

Still, it is an acceptable complaint at least.