By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Final Fantasy XV Footage + Battle System Details

Hynad said:

So the game's battles didn't get any slower after all. 

Indeed, with the use of these advanced skills, the battle is actually too fast, everything is moving.

It is time to get back to "DMC"complaint  

Around the Network
VXIII said:

This is the only remaining compliant that might has some weight to it. It does make sense though both in gameplay and story-wise. In battle the distance between Noctis and the others decides what skill are available to use, as the director said, the battle system is revolving around the main character. Story-wise Noctis is the only one with magic and special skill. 

Still, it is an acceptable complaint at least.

It is precisely what you first wrote what's most disappointing about Noctis being the only PC; just think for a moment of the possibilities using the same battle system but with other team members.

Hynad said:

Nomura has left, the vision is dead. The game is DOA. It's all over.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

wolfofthepack said:
outlawauron said:

You're being very silly. Every company tries to widen the appeal of their games. What the hell did you think they were doing with Final Fantasy VII. The developers want more people to play what they've made.

true ? i am being silly? lets see dead space 3 did that stray away from its roots In order to widen its appeal and wat happened it sucked it didnt bring no new customers but lost alot of the old ones ! resident evil same ting it sucked! dmc same thing it sucked ! plz correct if i am wrong !

Resident Evil tried to broaden its appeal with Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5. Both are regarded as good games. DMC is also regarded as a very good game (but that wasn't an attempt at broadening appeal). I can a lot more series where they tried to make their games more accessible and the game was better for it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

wolfofthepack said:
so far the explantion just seems like its goning to play like dmc ninja gaiden or any of those action games !

Especially the part were they mention the complicated gambits system, or the importance of interacting with your allies in battle. Also the weaknesses elements and taking advantage of the environment. Very very ninga gaiden-ish.

Around the Network

I just don't know what to feel about this game...

I definitely need to try the demo to form a conclusion about this game. Videos won't cut it.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

outlawauron said:
Hynad said:

Nomura has left, the vision is dead. The game is DOA. It's all over.

Wright said:
VXIII said:

This is the only remaining compliant that might has some weight to it. It does make sense though both in gameplay and story-wise. In battle the distance between Noctis and the others decides what skill are available to use, as the director said, the battle system is revolving around the main character. Story-wise Noctis is the only one with magic and special skill. 

Still, it is an acceptable complaint at least.

It is precisely what you first wrote what's most disappointing about Noctis being the only PC; just think for a moment of the possibilities using the same battle system but with other team members.

Yes, you could be right, but that might be extremely complicated and unplayable, this is an action RPG not XII. We need to try the system ourselves to sense its depth.

so it will be kingdom heart game play am I correct ?

I am in for that.

I hope it's more complex than Crisis Core, the other Tabata game I've played. That was a walk in the park.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.