By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Final Fantasy XV Footage + Battle System Details

Soriku said:
Dengeki transcript translation: http://gematsu.com/2014/10/final-fantasy-xv-director-addresses-fan-concerns-new-gameplay

Q: Is it being simplified for casual users? Is is still an action RPG?

A: In order to widen its appeal, we’re developing the game aware that anyone can immediately be able to play it, however the game as a whole is not casual. Because it’s a core game, we have casual controls. If you obtain good weapons and level up, you won’t have to worry about clearing the main scenarios.

havent they learned from previous comapnys and their own nonsense that was ff13-2 and ff13-3 u go for the wide appeal and u dont get that much new people but lose a major lot of your previous fans

Around the Network
wolfofthepack said:

The Fury said:

I do think that because this was originally meant to be a KH like FF13 spin off, some thing like this will stick.

I doubt it will be a trend in FF games and come 16 and 17 it'll be back to the way it should be.

lets all hope and wish

Yeah, I know. I mean I say that and FF13 and 15 are both single controlled characters in battle. :P

I'm hoping FF16 and 17 are already in development and 15 is holding them up too. So when 15 is out, 16 and 17 will follow quickly after.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
wolfofthepack said:

The Fury said:

I do think that because this was originally meant to be a KH like FF13 spin off, some thing like this will stick.

I doubt it will be a trend in FF games and come 16 and 17 it'll be back to the way it should be.

lets all hope and wish

Yeah, I know. I mean I say that and FF13 and 15 are both single controlled characters in battle. :P

I'm hoping FF16 and 17 are already in development and 15 is holding them up too. So when 15 is out, 16 and 17 will follow quickly after.

lol ha i am seeing 2020 to see ff16 ! they shoould focus on other ips

It looks nice, I liked the battle system is lightning returns and I would like to see how this one plays out.

The new system does not optimal for multi - char control however, imagine playing LR with more chars, it would've been a total mess or you would have to have a complex system like Gambit (FF 12) to support it.

It also shows that the FF has clearly moved away from the classic turn based system for good, its too slow for today's market, so its a smart mov

wolfofthepack said:
Soriku said:
Dengeki transcript translation: http://gematsu.com/2014/10/final-fantasy-xv-director-addresses-fan-concerns-new-gameplay

A: In order to widen its appeal, we’re developing the game aware that anyone can immediately be able to play it, however the game as a whole is not casual. Because it’s a core game, we have casual controls. If you obtain good weapons and level up, you won’t have to worry about clearing the main scenarios.

havent they learned from previous comapnys and their own nonsense that was ff13-2 and ff13-3 u go for the wide appeal and u dont get that much new people but lose a major lot of your previous fans

FF13-2 andFF13-3 for wide appeal? Well, Lightning Returns was much more difficult than Final Fantasy XIII.

Around the Network
wolfofthepack said:

lol ha i am seeing 2020 to see ff16 ! they shoould focus on other ips

Just imagine if Ubisoft did that? 

"Alright, guys, we got a great franchise here in Assassin's Creed. We could get most of our developers creating a game every year for people to play and get money from a popular franchise making money contantly for us OR we could make 1 game every 6 years even though we have numerous development studios doing very little, what do you say?"

"1 game every 6 years is it then."

Hmm, pie.

Kind of off topic but we have all seen the FFXV Car meme, well now it meets Luigi and his death stare =P

wolfofthepack said:
Soriku said:

You're being very silly. Every company tries to widen the appeal of their games. What the hell did you think they were doing with Final Fantasy VII. The developers want more people to play what they've made.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Faxanadu said:
Gameplay didnt impress me.

Same here.

Wright said:

A bit disappointing that Noctis is the only playable character.

Seems very much like Kingdom Hearts.