By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do you want in 3DS' Successor?

What features do you want most?

Bring back Dual Screen 34 17.17%

More powerful than today's mobiles 115 58.08%

All of New 3DS' buttons 14 7.07%

3D functionality 13 6.57%

Gyroscope 0 0%

Improved OS 21 10.61%

Total:197
ktay95 said:
MohammadBadir said:
ktay95 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
MohammadBadir said:
tak13 said:
FULL HD or Ultra HD,6inch screen,small bezzels,20.7 mp cameras and 5.1 dolby digital plus:Plooool this would mean an expensive hanheld,but ninty could manage to sell it at 230$:P

You seriously want them to go from 240p to 2160p?

Would that even be possible on a 6 inch screen?

Someone doesn't pay attention to the smartphones world. A lot of new phones have that resolution, although I can't think of one that's 6 inch there are plenty between 5 and 6.

Those are 2K.

Sorry, messing up UHD and QHD -_- 

Why the fuck can't we stick to simple.numbers =P

Because 4K looks bigger than 2160p.

Around the Network

ktay95 said:

Sorry, messing up UHD and QHD -_- 

Why the fuck can't we stick to simple.numbers =P

however by mistake you were right,6in UHD mobile screens are coming:P

The design could be similar to the gamepad, giving ergonomics to both the d-pad/buttons and the thumbsticks (priority to the d-pad). If they go dual screen, main screen can be shifted upwards to reveal a hidden lower one and can continue to fold itself in a clamshell design.

Screens should only be 1080p (knowing Nintendo they'd go with 720p), and the system powerful enough to share universal software with the console (WiiU?).

They should pursue strengthening digital sales, so previous linked NNID collections should compatible with the new console.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Ergonomics! No more rectangles please
Oled screen with gorilla glass

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Oled screen with gorilla glass

Ah, yeah, and capacitive screens with active stylus (a la s-pen)

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

Better resolution, under $200.

Stick with the dual screen, but make it a super powerful piece of hardware.

spemanig said:

The 3DS is an awesome console. I'd even say that it's Nintendo's best handheld system yet. I'd even call it one of Nintendo's best consoles yet. Because of that, I'm excited for the potencial that the next in line has. Here's what I want.

-----

1. Dual Analog

Nintendo needs to get with it already. Dual analogs should have been a thing from the get go on the 3DS. I also don't know if I want them to get rid of the analog pads or not. I don't mind them, but a lot of people feel that the Vita's nubs are better. I wouldn't mind numbs like that if it didn't mess with the clamshell design. Actually, the nubs may allow them to add analog clicks. Though I'd personally rather something like on the Vita where the back has a touch panel that could be used to serve the same function.

I don't want the analog sticks on the bottom like the Vita or asymetrical like on the Xbox controllers though. I think that having both analog sticks on the top works best, especially for handheld consoles.

-----

2. Triggers AND bumpers

I want the handheld to feel as much like a modern console as possible. Bumpers are an important part of that, and it can be done while still keeping that slim clamshell design if done like in the image above.

-----

3. Larger memory card support

Maybe this is just me, but I really like owning digital copies of my games. I don't see that changing next generation, but I also hope that the handheld games become larger in size, which also means requirement for larger memory cards. I don't ever want to think about memory when it comes to my new Nintendo handheld, so I hope that they make that option available. And hopefully they start you off with 32GB memory cards by then instead of 4GB like they do now. (It won't matter to me though - I already bought one.)

-----

4. HD screen

I don't care how they do it, but if it's 2016, Nintendo needs to have their new handheld have an HD screen. I'd even go as far as to say that it should be a 1080p screen. I'd take an LCD screen over OLED if it offers a better battery life and lowers the overall cost though.

-----

5. 3G connectivity

Having the 3DS successor be always connected to the internet like modern phones would be a big deal. It would make the eshop a more often visited place by default because you could access it anywhere on your travels as opposed to only at your house. Having a 3G handheld doesn't mean that you can't use wifi instead or play your games offline though. But it could be continuously connected to the internet, much like smartphones.

Apparently all this can be done without a monthly fee. Also, apparently Nintendo was already considering it for the 3DS.

"Nintendo President Satoru Iwata said at an analyst briefing last year that he found it interesting how Amazon built the 3G wireless capability into the Kindle and then bundled the wireless connection cost into the price of the content instead of requiring consumers to sign up for a monthly fee from a carrier."

Nintendo could totally do this. Bundling the wireless connection cost into the price of games so that people don't have to pay monthly.

-----

6. Cloud storage

This actually goes for the console as well, but everything you do on your new Nintendo handheld should be backed up in the cloud as long as you're connected to the internet. (That shouldn't be a problem with a 3G handheld) Everytime you save your games or buy something, it should be stored in the cloud. If I'm playing Super Mario Sunshine VC on my "Fusion DS" while on a bus ride, I should be able to save the game, turn on my "Fusion Terminal," and pick up from where I left off.

I feel like they're already toying with the idea with Pokemon Bank. I don't know if they could employ the same strategy of bundling cloud fees with the prices of games, but that would probably be the best option. Pokemon Bank may be the testing grounds for an entirely cloud based Nintendo Network.

-----

7. No more than $200USD at launch

Anything more would be a death sentence. Learn from the 3DS.

-----

8. Better speakers

The speakers on the 3DS stink. The ones on the XL are apparently worse. I want high quality speakers on the next handheld.

-----

9. Drop 3D

It lessens the potencial of games. Look at how One Peice: UWR looks when the system's full potencial if at work. I don't wan't a lesser game because devs are trying to push 3D. I like it, but it's a novelty is not worth the trade in visuals and especially performance.

-----

10. More powerful than the Vita.

This is a no brainer.

spemanig said:
spemanig said:

Your post is cut off on the right. I wanted to read all of it.

I also agree with all of it except a part of #5. I do NOT want the cost of 3G baked into the price of games. It should either be free or a paid option. If this Fusion thing is the real deal and I could take my games and saves between the console and handheld, I'd go for it. Otherwise, I don't need cloud saves.

Hmm, it says somebody quoted me but I don't see anybody...