By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do you want in 3DS' Successor?

What features do you want most?

Bring back Dual Screen 34 17.17%

More powerful than today's mobiles 115 58.08%

All of New 3DS' buttons 14 7.07%

3D functionality 13 6.57%

Gyroscope 0 0%

Improved OS 21 10.61%

Total:197
Locknuts said:
4peace said:
Locknuts said:
HDMI out. I hate gaming on a small screen

Just play on home console. Isn't that simple?

Not if the games don't come to it. 3DS has an awesome library. A 3DS player for the Wii U would do nicely though.

Yeah and I hope that Fusion thingy is real so porting games is a lot easier than now

Most Anticipated Games on Wii U

Super Smash Bros. Wii U, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Splatoon, Zelda Wii U, Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, 3D Metroid game, another 3D Mario game.

Most Anticipated Games on 3DS

Super Smash Bros. 3DS, Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, Xenoblade Chronicles(N3DS).

Around the Network

I strongly believe the quality of a handheld's library is inversely proportional to its power.
Just look at Vita and 3DS, PSP and DS.

The more powerful a handheld is the more devs feel like spending more money on and the worse the quality.

That being said I want the next Nintendo handheld to be somewhat more powerful, but more so in the processing rather than raw graphics. Speed up that damn OS and add better speakers.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

I didn't read every post but from skimming pretty much everything I want has already been mentioned.

- XXL size added to range
- Higher resolution screen(s)
- Touch on both screens
- Better / louder speakers
- Longer battery life
- CROSS-BUY!!!*

*There are a ton of titles I purposely haven't bought on my Wii U and/or 3DS because I'm waiting and hoping for them to implement some type of cross-buy system now that the eShop is unified under a single Nintendo Network ID.

I would be willing to pay a few extra dollars over the regular cost of the games now if I could get both versions for less than the cost of purchasing both versions separately (example - pay $7.99-8.49 for the cross-buy version of a Virtual Console game that is regularly $4.99 on each, meanwhile leaving the lower single price available for the people that only intend or want to buy it for a single system).