By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do you want in 3DS' Successor?

What features do you want most?

Bring back Dual Screen 34 17.17%

More powerful than today's mobiles 115 58.08%

All of New 3DS' buttons 14 7.07%

3D functionality 13 6.57%

Gyroscope 0 0%

Improved OS 21 10.61%

Total:197

I could make a list of improved visuals, one screen, a second stick. Can summarize it as essentially a Vita with Nintendo games.

They could bring it out in 2016/2017 for $199 and let it use any SD card like the 3DS does.

Around the Network

Improved OS is my #1 request. Particularly the eShop, which is a joke, currently. I'd also like for them to put two joysticks, but that's pretty much a given at this point.

I don't really expect or want it to be more powerful than todays mobiles. They could use the same hardware seen in this years top-end phones, but instead of going for a bleeding edge 1440p, stick to 540p. With a 3.5" - 4.7" screen, you're hardly gonna care. That should leave plenty of resources available for some nice looking games.

Oh, and the cheapest model shouldn't launch for more than $199. $179 would actually be preferable.

EDIT: I wouldn't mind them sticking with the clamshell design, either. Though dual screens aren't a must for me, it does help keep the display in better shape.

Trunkin said:

Improved OS is my #1 request. Particularly the eShop, which is a joke, currently. I'd also like for them to put two joysticks, but that's pretty much a given at this point.

N3DS already has all of that (OS may not be changed but its certainly improved, so saying "improved" is a little vague), so there's not much reason for it to not happen later. They'll likely refine the inclusion of the c-stick with the next hardware which can be built with it in mind from an early R&D perspective.

4k 120 fps. More powerful than the strongest pc, Vr, improved controls. That's what I want. But obviously it won't happen so 1080p screen, improved controls, backwards xkmpatability

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

I imagine the end of the home console for Nintendo. I imagine the newest handheld console is also the home console. Imagine they take the Wii U and the 3ds and they make it their main and only console capable of connecting to any kind of TV and still being a small and compact machine. Sort of how Nintendo imagined the Gamecube being the portable home console.

It'll have HDMI, Multitiple USB jacks, SATA, Projection capable, video/audio capture tech, hella powerful, with 4G capability, NFC, 10 hour battery life, 3d capability, dual screens and also has phone capabilities.

It'll be capable of running Photoshop, but with a Nintendo twist, Maya or 3d studio max, but with a Nintendo twist, Macromedia flash, but with a nintendo twist, After Effects, but with a Nintendo twist. It'll basically be a PC or Mac, but with a Nintendo twist. It'll be able to run several games at once and all it'll take to switch from one game to another is a toggle. It'll be keyboard usb ready.

It'll be the do everything, have everything piece of hardware. With water cooler technology.

Hey, shut up, I can dream can I?

Around the Network
prayformojo said:

Here is what I want. A Nintendo handheld that is basically an iPhone 6 plus with buttons. 

Is this a stealth pun? Are you telling Nintendo to 'get bent'?

I only ask for Region free, nothing else.

If th next nintendo handheld is not region free, i will not buy it, simple as that.

burninmylight said:
spemanig said:
spemanig said:

Your post is cut off on the right. I wanted to read all of it.

I also agree with all of it except a part of #5. I do NOT want the cost of 3G baked into the price of games. It should either be free or a paid option. If this Fusion thing is the real deal and I could take my games and saves between the console and handheld, I'd go for it. Otherwise, I don't need cloud saves.

3G would work just like 3G works on Vita. You'll need a separate subscription to a mobile carrier (the same thing you have on your phone). There's no way Nintendo can build the infrastructure to provide their own 3G service.

Vena said:
Trunkin said:

N3DS already has all of that (OS may not be changed but its certainly improved, so saying "improved" is a little vague), so there's not much reason for it to not happen later. They'll likely refine the inclusion of the c-stick with the next hardware which can be built with it in mind from an early R&D perspective.

N3DS is a nice start, but I'm thinking of bringing it closer to, say, an iPhone, with a more open app store, and a more seemless transition between applications. N3DS may be bringing the latter, though, I dunno. :/

Trunkin said:

N3DS is a nice start, but I'm thinking of bringing it closer to, say, an iPhone, with a more open app store, and a more seemless transition between applications. N3DS may be bringing the latter, though, I dunno. :/

OG3DS is incredibly gimped on power so "seemless" is next to impossible for it. The N3DS will likely be much more fluid in everything it does with the same OS, and the next handheld should be better all around with a better eShop (the 3DS version is shit, but the N3DS version is at least much faster), better apps and faster apps and transitions.