By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does Shadow of Mordor Run at 720p/30fps on Xbox One?

ethomaz said:

globalisateur said:

I have watched the HQ gamersyde video of the PS4 version. Definitely running at constant 30fps, no judder at all.

Have you played the game?

I saw it live and it is definitivily not 30 locked... it runs over 30fps.

What video? Can you post it?

http://www.gamersyde.com/thqstream_shadow_of_mordor_ps4_1080p_60fps-DtMGjJcKPuy4DlzN_en.html

We can see some high quality motion blur which probably lead many people thinking the game was running at 60fps.

But it's definitely capped at 30fps on this HQ video. Also I noticed some very godd texture filtering, great water effects and good clarity, sharpness associated with 1080p. The post AA is very light, it's also possible they use 2 AAs, one one the characters (efficient), and one very very light on the environments in order to keep the details (not blur them with some vaseline).

Very good image quality overall.

I would advise you to download the 1080p video. 

Around the Network

globalisateur said:

http://www.gamersyde.com/thqstream_shadow_of_mordor_ps4_1080p_60fps-DtMGjJcKPuy4DlzN_en.html

We can see some high quality motion blur which probably lead many people thinking the game was running at 60fps.

But it's definitely capped at 30fps on this HQ video.

This video is over 30fps for me.

Well we will wait DF.

Edit - DF says PS4 uses PC High setthing (not Ultra) with texture on high... Xbone take the big hit here... it is really a big gap in IQ.

In the IGN review they believe both PS4 and X1 run between 30 and 60 fps.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:

In this case I think the X1 has been done a bit of disservice. It looks pretty awful, more so than is necessary given what we see in other X1 titles that don't suffer from such bad IQ. I actually think 720p + GOOD AA/AF/AO would have been a far better path than the 900p that we got with this. It's a weird mix of both blurriness and chunkiness put together that's extremely off putting.

Yes, we all know X1 is weaker, everybody knows this, but come on, this is pretty bad, and worse than it needed to be.

Arkaign said:
Mr Puggsly said:

In this case I think the X1 has been done a bit of disservice. It looks pretty awful...

Awful is subjective.

I mean people actually playing the game don't seem to say it looks awful.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
I don't get why people post and say "no way am i supporting this lazy dev".

Then why in the first place did you support a lazy console maker than sold you weaker hardware for an increased price?

They could have made the thing developer friendly, but they were more interested in taking over your media space and the casual crowd with Kinnect. Give the developers a break. If they made a console as good as the PS4 you'd be getting games as good as the PS4 versions.

/Console Warz

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

so is 720p30fps or not? I'm too lazy to read everything

Click HERE and be happy 

EricFabian said:
so is 720p30fps or not? I'm too lazy to read everything

From the comparison videos I've seen, the resolution seems to be 900p. It is noticeably not as crisp as the PS4 version, but doesn't look blurry enough to be 720p.

After all the obnoxious posts in this thread and the other one about the XBox One being 50% less powerful, the 'deal with it' attitude shown by some members who prefer Playstation (you know who you are), and 'the gap is getting bigger' mentality, I thought this needed to be put to rest.

Watch the video in this link. It clearly states the game runs 1080p on both consoles at the start. More importantly, the graphics in the video that follow look pretty much identical when comparing PS4 and Xbox One.

Let's not be so hasty to judge a game next time.

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-graphics-comparison/2300-6421635/

Maybe a mod could change the thread title to, 'Shadow of Mordor runs at 1080p on PS4 and XBox One'

Krill said:

After all the obnoxious posts in this thread and the other one about the XBox One being 50% less powerful, the 'deal with it' attitude shown by some members who prefer Playstation (you know who you are), and 'the gap is getting bigger' mentality, I thought this needed to be put to rest.

Watch the video in this link. It clearly states the game runs 1080p on both consoles at the start. More importantly, the graphics in the video that follow look pretty much identical when comparing PS4 and Xbox One.

Let's not be so hasty to judge a game next time.

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-graphics-comparison/2300-6421635/

Maybe a mod could change the thread title to, 'Shadow of Mordor runs at 1080p on PS4 and XBox One'

No the game is clearly  running at ~900p on XB1, it has been pixel counted / verified on several screenshots.