By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does Shadow of Mordor Run at 720p/30fps on Xbox One?

Mr Puggsly said:
Captain_Tom said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Yeah, it was bullshit back then as well.

I don't know I am sitting here looking at 1080p vs 720p.  That is over double.  The gap is bigger than you think.  Sticky this post if you want to.  Two years from now the PS4 and Xbox One will have graphics that are mountains apart.

Destiny didn't have that disparity. :-p

Anyhow, I'm not gonna say you're wrong. But I feel like you're wrong... so lets just wait and see.

Fair enough.

Around the Network
KazumaKiryu said:

is it offical now ?

No, from reliable accounts and screenshots it appears that the X1 variant is 900p or so with some additional settings dialed back a bit. 

Arkaign said:
KazumaKiryu said:

is it offical now ?

No, from reliable accounts and screenshots it appears that the X1 variant is 900p or so with some additional settings dialed back a bit. 

okay, thank you my friend :)

The funniest thing about all of this is how people look at these multiplats releasing on last gen systems and say "You see PS4 isn't that much more powerful"

Do none of them realize once they stop releasing games on last gen that devs will be able to use more of the power from each console? That's when will really see how big the difference is.

method114 said:
The funniest thing about all of this is how people look at these multiplats releasing on last gen systems and say "You see PS4 isn't that much more powerful"

Do none of them realize once they stop releasing games on last gen that devs will be able to use more of the power from each console? That's when will really see how big the difference is.

This game is cross-gen, though.

The Witcher 3 and Batman are next gen only, so we'll see what kinda difference there is with those titles.

Around the Network
Trunkin said:
method114 said:

The Witcher 3 and Batman are next gen only, so we'll see what kinda difference there is with those titles.

i just want to add that despite Shadow of Mordor being on last gen, there is a major difference between the last gen and the current gen version, and aside from the graphics, resolution and fps difference the last gen version also lacks the Nemesis system, thats the biggest feature in the game, and its really complex, and really cool.

so there are major differences between old gen and new gen version, in fact without the nemesis system they become very different games, so just get the current gen version.

Trunkin said:
method114 said:

Yea I know it's cross-gen I was just talking about in general. Whenever a game comes close that's what people start screaming and it's always games that are on last gen systems as well.

estebxx said:
Trunkin said:
method114 said:

i just want to add that despite Shadow of Mordor being on last gen, there is a major difference between the last gen and the current gen version, and aside from the graphics, resolution and fps difference the last gen version also lacks the Nemesis system, thats the biggest feature in the game, and its really complex, and really cool.

so there are major differences between old gen and new gen version, in fact without the nemesis system they become very different games, so just get the current gen version.

Wow. That's the single feature that I'm most excited about! Significant graphics improvements are pretty much par for the course at this point, but that's just unbelieveable. It might as well be a current gen only game.

Now, I may be missing something, but it appears that the biggest gaps we've seen between PS4 and One have been cross-gen titles. I find that kinda interesting. Of course, the closest titles have also been cross-gen...

Trunkin said:
estebxx said:

Wow. That's the single feature that I'm most excited about! Significant graphics improvements are pretty much par for the course at this point, but that's just unbelieveable. It might as well be a current gen only game.

Now, I may be missing something, but it appears that the biggest gaps we've seen between PS4 and One have been cross-gen titles. I find that kinda interesting. Of course, the closest titles have also been cross-gen...

Yeah apparently the last gen consoles cant handle all the information that the nemesis system needs, and i guess they just want to increase their profits as much as they can, and therefore they made a last gen version.

in terms of the difference between the PS4 and the One, well i guess next year we will get a better look at how big or small the gap in performance really is, because not only we will get tittles that are current gen only, but we will get their biggest exclusives (Uncharted, Bloodborne and Halo), so we will finally see how much of a difference there is between the multiplatform and exclusive games.

estebxx said:

Yeah apparently the last gen consoles cant handle all the information that the nemesis system needs, and i guess they just want to increase their profits as much as they can, and therefore they made a last gen version.

in terms of the difference between the PS4 and the One, well i guess next year we will get a better look at how big or small the gap in performance really is, because not only we will get tittles that are current gen only, but we will get their biggest exclusives (Uncharted, Bloodborne and Halo), so we will finally see how much of a difference there is between the multiplatform and exclusive games.

I expect PS4 exclusives to have a clear advantage over One exclusives in frame rate, res, and overall fidelity, but I expect multiplats to remain fairly close. Either way, it's gonna be a huge year.