By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4's Early Sales Lead Might Be All Smoke and Mirrors

Tagged games:

Lolol

I think some will still be saying that 4 years from now

Around the Network
DaltonAbbey said:
Lolol

I think some will still be saying that 4 years from now

It will be even more stupid to say that in few months with Bloodborne, The Order and many more

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

vivster said:
Wow. That is one of the most boring "arcticles" I've seen in a long time. Reads like an average VGC user post.

Our users aren't that dumb. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Guess the article author missed the news about the 360 hitting 84 million sold back in June.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
I think it's fairly obvious why PS4 is outselling the competition. Compared to WiiU it has more of the big third-party games that consumers buy, e.g. Madden, Fifa, Battlefield. Compared to Xbox One, it started cheaper and more powerful, and avoided all the negative PR that plagued Microsoft early this generation.

What I don't get, however, is why it's selling SO well. It's almost a year later, and the majority of PS4's best sellers are available on several other platforms, including Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PS3. I don't understand why more people aren't waiting for the library to grow and the price to drop.

I think that's because the PS4 is clearly leading from the beginning in term of sales and for about anything else, so there is no risk buying it. Avoid risk means avoid to buy the looser console, the console that will not have a good support, the console that will have disappointing hardware, or that will end quickly. I believe risk, with price, is one of the major reason for people to wait. And the other reason to wait, price: you can't really expect a incredible bargain if the starting price is 400$ and it's leading by a large marge.

That's also one of the only bad thing that I believe could happen to the PS4, it could be that the PS4 is not selling more, but just selling faster, with quicker early adopter. It would, indeed, have been smoke and mirror. But I think they can manage with a cheaper price, more spending then can afford from better sales, opening more to casuals

Around the Network
Anfebious said:
Turkish said:
Reads like a forum post, is this your article?

I feel offended that you think that way Turkish. I would never write such a stupid article...

I just posted this as an example of how NOT to do gaming journalism. Then again every article is as good as this one.

Apologies, it's just that a lot of angry people make a quick blog, write some words and submit it on n4g lol.

I'm normally too lazy to read articles, but everyone's hugely negative reaction made me want to see just how bad this was. I was disappointed.

Sure it was a bit boring, but I have to agree with the sentiment overall - this PS4 lead, especially in USA, is largely based off the momentum Microsoft created when they shot themselves in the foot with the initial One reveal.

It's great that anyone can start a video game blog, now we have that kinf of "articles" that are mostly like forum posts, but slightly longer.

Obviously he doesn't care for having the best possible version of a game either.... which is strange for an enthousiast of any hobby not to want "better things" in their main area of interest.

Aj_habfan said:
I'm normally too lazy to read articles, but everyone's hugely negative reaction made me want to see just how bad this was. I was disappointed.

Sure it was a bit boring, but I have to agree with the sentiment overall - this PS4 lead, especially in USA, is largely based off the momentum Microsoft created when they shot themselves in the foot with the initial One reveal.

not only that now, since the PS4 is still outselling X1 means that more people that buys PS4 will only influence more people to buy PS4, for the online plays or even for trade games, this is a natural cause to the leader console, the word of mouth will have a continuous impact in how the figures will come out..

my opinion is that the momentum will continue and with the new library will only get bigger.

Aj_habfan said:

and the ps4 is a better console

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)