By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny vs COD.........oh gawd

Too_Talls said:
Ahh so titan fall beat cod on the bone?

Man that could have been a legitimate threat had it been a multi plat. I underestimated it.

Well, Destiny will most likely outsell it too on the bone. It should also outsell Titanfall, despite the Titanfall bundle back in the day

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network

COD will only do better in previous gen systems.

Mr Puggsly said:

Your response doesn't make sense.

A better story and campaign would have made the game less successful? I'm not saying remove everything else, I'm saying those aspects should have been better.

People like you seem to ignore story and campaign in Destiny were awful, but Bungie pushed those aspects to get more people to play this game. This is why so many people are disappointed with the product. However, those who are content with a decent co-op shooter are more satisfied with the product.

In a nutshell, Bungie pulled a bait and switch.

Eh, most devs do that. Blizzard do it all the time with their games, like Diablo by releasing incredible cinematic trailers before release and then the game falls short of that vision, yet people don't complain for the most part because the game is fun and the story serves the game well.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Too_Talls said:
CosmicSex said:
So, basically, Activision wins. If they are in a fight with themselves over the top selling FPS, I think its statistically impossible for them to lose.

True.........but I doubt destiny can even compete with battle field........or rather BEAT battle field.

It has to do that before competing with cod.

Destiny easily beats BF now. Remember, we're looking at 5m+ FW for Destiny.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

CoD didn't get to where it is overnight. Destiny has a ton of potential and, in my opinion, it's going to get larger as time goes by

Around the Network

i can se an overall cod grow over ghosts sales...

so big jump on current gen and only a slow decline on last gen
but we still see last gen > current gen

Seems to be a different target audience. Destiny appeals to the type of players who don't mind grinding (Some gamers including me, find a good grinding game theraputic) and dont need instant gratification.

CoD appeals to people who either have limited time to play games (can get straight to the action) or need to feel like they are always getting something whether it be a callsign, a weapon upgrade, new grenade or what have you.

CoD rewards camping with killstreaks, Destiny rewards it by allowing you to be supered because you made it too easy to hit you.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Ninsect said:
Mr Puggsly said:

A better story and campaign would have made the game less successful? I'm not saying remove everything else, I'm saying those aspects should have been better.

People like you seem to ignore story and campaign in Destiny were awful, but Bungie pushed those aspects to get more people to play this game. This is why so many people are disappointed with the product. However, those who are content with a decent co-op shooter are more satisfied with the product.

Eh, most devs do that. Blizzard do it all the time with their games, like Diablo by releasing incredible cinematic trailers before release and then the game falls short of that vision, yet people don't complain for the most part because the game is fun and the story serves the game well.

Well Diablo was much better at story telling and has more interesting characters. Also, I'll take hokey voice acting over boring voice acting any day.

On paper, Destiny has has a more interesting setting but fails to tell an interesting story. You don't learn much in cutscenes and I'm expected to go on the web to get a better understanding of what's happening in the world of Destiny. Hence, Bungie got people excited about the universe they created and the story they will tell but they forget to put in the story.

In Diablo 3, I can atleast say I felt satisfied with the story they told. I can say the same for the first Halo. Destiny didn't have a climax. You kill the last wave, there is apparently more fighting to do, roll credits. It was an unsatisfying story.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I'll Destiny better than any COD game.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Mr Puggsly said:
Ninsect said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Well Diablo was much better at story telling and has more interesting characters. Also, I'll take hokey voice acting over boring voice acting any day.

On paper, Destiny has has a more interesting setting but fails to tell an interesting story. You don't learn much in cutscenes and I'm expected to go on the web to get a better understanding of what's happening in the world of Destiny. Hence, Bungie got people excited about the universe they created and the story they will tell but they forget to put in the story.

In Diablo 3, I can atleast say I felt satisfied with the story they told. I can say the same for the first Halo. Destiny didn't have a climax. You kill the last wave, there is apparently more fighting to do, roll credits. It was an unsatisfying story.

That's because Destiny is designed as an ongoing game with more story to come through updates (both free and DLC).

The One and Only

VizionEck.com