By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny vs COD.........oh gawd

Ninsect said:
Mr Puggsly said:

In Diablo 3, I can atleast say I felt satisfied with the story they told. I can say the same for the first Halo. Destiny didn't have a climax. You kill the last wave, there is apparently more fighting to do, roll credits. It was an unsatisfying story.

That's because Destiny is designed as an ongoing game with more story to come through updates (both free and DLC).

Halo, Mass Effect, and Assassin's Creed were all designed to be ongoing. But they still made the on disc product satisfying.

Even if Destiny is an ongoing story, what is on the disc was garbage. It was obviously rushed. I don't think free DLC is going to change that unless it completely removes that shitty campaign with something good.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Activision has both of them, and now, they have two money makers instead of one.

Follow me on Instagram : YAFEAXX

Mr Puggsly said:
Ninsect said:
Mr Puggsly said:

In Diablo 3, I can atleast say I felt satisfied with the story they told. I can say the same for the first Halo. Destiny didn't have a climax. You kill the last wave, there is apparently more fighting to do, roll credits. It was an unsatisfying story.

That's because Destiny is designed as an ongoing game with more story to come through updates (both free and DLC).

Halo, Mass Effect, and Assassin's Creed were all designed to be ongoing. But they still made the on disc product satisfying.

Even if Destiny is an ongoing story, what is on the disc was garbage. It was obviously rushed. I don't think free DLC is going to change that unless it completely removes that shitty campaign with something good.

My thoughts exactly.

I felt Destiny was presented like it was a thick book full of rich story and detail to it. What we got was the first 10 pages were text, then the rest was just made up of all pictures (albeit very BEAUTIFUL ones). Then we got to the end and the last words we saw were literally "The End".

When I was done with it... I paused and all I said was "WTF"? Was I the only one who felt this way?

I know there's free content and added DLC, but when do you buy a book or go to the movies and the producers say "In order to get ALL the material that's missing, BUY ALL the VOLUMES OR OTHER MOVIES AT $10-30 for a full experience, even though you just paid the price of admission! Also, free parts of this movie and book will be available at a later time!!!"

This isn’t just some minor detail they skipped out on, it’s a huge gap in a game. Period.

It was still fun though, but I rather play something more with story and with the same idea, which I'm hearing Borderlands is like...

EDIT: Back on topic... I feel COD games I previously played in the past just had more fun ways of killing each other. I didn't really like the OHK weapons in Destiny, plus there are more modes in Multiplayer than in Destiny (Team Deathmatch. Search and Destroy, Bare bones, The Dog tag mode, domination, free for all, I can go on here) Plus all the killstreak power ups are REALLY epic (from AC130s to E.M.P. waves to  Nuclear Devices) in CoD games.

Also, at least CoD tries to give us an epic Story. The best CoD IMHO was World at War and it's my favorite because of the story (and epic multiplayer). The CoD:MWs stories arent great but at least they piece the puzzle together, unlike what Destiny did.

CoD Ghosts was a huge disappointment for me though, and I don’t think I’m going to get CoD:AW on release date. I’ll get it when along with a PS4 and FIFA 15 when they all become cheaper.

It's not competing with COD IMO.
Advanced Warfare will easily have the bigger first week sales and longer legs, regardless of reviews.
The average reviews really hurt Destiny's legs IMO. Word of mouth isn't that great either...lots of people are already bored of it, me included.