By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox has around 17m Gold subscribers

Mr Puggsly said:
Xbox Live has to be what makes Xbox financially worthwhile.

17 million is massive. The X1 appeals to core gamers so that subscription number should remain high in the coming years.

That used to be around 30-40 million if I am not mistaken.

Around the Network

Yeah this was up over 30 million a few years ago..

Blood_Tears said:
Yeah this was up over 30 million a few years ago..

Yah... Except it was 30 million "accounts"...
And not gold. But nice try, I totaly understand what you are triyng to do here :)

i've let mine expire this year and had no reason to renew it since I got busy with the 3DS and Wii U. Just picked up a xbone for forza horizon 2 so going to grab gold again.

Also a buddy of mine has had his xbox 360 for around 3 years and never had it connected to the internet.

Captain_Tom said:
Mr Puggsly said:

17 million is massive. The X1 appeals to core gamers so that subscription number should remain high in the coming years.

That used to be around 30-40 million if I am not mistaken.

It was accounts in general (including silvers). I expect this number to be way higher today. Even PSN had 60 million (again, non paying) at some point.
17 million paying users is huge I think.

Around the Network

Should be pretty low right now compared to maybe one or two years ago. Many wait to buy a new console and don't pay for their old one right now. Sales of games on 360 were are also not very impressive the last months so that many seam to be in a transition phase right now where they reduced their gaming time a lot until they get a new console.  To renew 3 or even 12 months accounts when you don't play atm would be just stupid. 

I also think that many who play games like CoD or Fifa pay for 3 months and after that time they wait until the next game of that franchise releases . If he took a number from the last months it should be lower as it will be starting with Destiny and then for the next maybe 6 months. There was just no big reason to pay for online gaming on consoles the last months but now with Destny, Fifa and so on it's beginning again to make sense for many.

Sure, these 3 months subs bring less money but we can't expect that average Joe will pay for Xbox live or PS+ every single day in a year if he only wants to play games online for a few weeks or months which release between September and November. 

PS+ did obviously grow a lot since nobody needed to pay for it on PS3 to play online but it makes sense to me that Xbox live subs did shrink the last year or even years with 2014 and 2013. 

MoHasanie said:
fireburn95 said:
How would he know no. Of gold subs?! Seems like he pulled that out of nowhere

Because their game, World of Tanks which released last year, was free to all gold subscribers.

=p  Everybody got it?

It seems obvious that this number will drop precipitously over time. Iow, I believe that 360 only users will drop faster than XBO sales can match YOY.

BeElite said:
prinz_valium said:
BeElite said:
Mr Puggsly said:

no it does not, sales show that pretty blatantly.

The subs will drop like a rock due to low sales.

ohh boy

im sure ur right like always..

Take a look at sales, i am.

I dont delude my self to argue reality.

But do keeo it up, its always hilarious.

What are core gamers BeElite? And how many PS4 users are core gamers?  

less than I thought. About twice the plus subscribers. Plus should overtake it with the PS4 domination

The One and Only

VizionEck.com