By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One has another price cut in UK! Now £329.99

Sony will react with bundles if anything. I don't see any reason for them to cut price, even if Xb one draws even with this price cut, which I doubt they will.

Because it's weaker and therefore should be cheaper hardware MS shouldn't be losing money at a slightly lower price point than PS4.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
binary solo said:
Sony will react with bundles if anything. I don't see any reason for them to cut price, even if Xb one draws even with this price cut, which I doubt they will.

Because it's weaker and therefore should be cheaper hardware MS shouldn't be losing money at a slightly lower price point than PS4.

I somehow agree but performance in hardware doesn't always correlate with price.

poklane said:
sully1311 said:
bananaking21 said:

actually in the UK last week the average selling price of Xbox One last week was just £306.

So you think Sony are going to sit back and keep the RRP at £349? In the UK?

If they keep outselling the XB1 in the UK, why would they cut the price?

They won't if they keep outselling it. I just can't see that happening.

Interesting. Aggressive. Exciting!

walsufnir said:
Fusioncode said:
With all the free game bundles and temporary price drops I can't imagine how much money Microsoft is losing on the console right now.

Hmm, I doubt it's that much. I think both consoles have almost the same price in manufacturing, PS4 could be even higher. And I heard a while ago that Sony is starting to make money with PS4 hardware so MS could be on profit with the hardware, too.

Difference is that Sony makes most of their electronic parts for their consoles or co-make with their partners such as toshiba. MS has to pay others to make for them I think.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
Around the Network
binary solo said:

Sony make better hardware than MS, as evidenced by having a more powerful machine without having a power brick.  It wouldn't surprise me if the PS4 was more cost efficient than the X1.

Fusioncode said:
With all the free game bundles and temporary price drops I can't imagine how much money Microsoft is losing on the console right now.

Can't imagine any with the price of it in the UK. Still ridiculously expensive compared to the US, even when VAT is knocked off.

double post.

binary solo said:

Doesn't the ESRAM inclusion in the X1 make the APU bigger than the PS4, meaning overall its more expensive?

sully1311 said:
Turkish said:
sully1311 said:
Prices for consoles in UK are going to be very good this Xmas. This will force PS4 to drop the price.

Hahahaha no you must be out of your mind. PS4 will still sell more and they will not pricecut the console because they're not threatened by MS's action. You might see temporary black friday deals but thats about it, true price cut will not come until summer or fall 2015.

I'm on about the UK not US. PS4 consoles are already around the £329 price.

Then why would Sony drop the price? They're already outselling the XB1 in the UK. Are you by chance still labouring under the notion that it's only price that's been helping the PS4 outsell the XB1?

The PS5 Exists.