By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FFXV: The Change over the past 8 years.

i think it is just me but before the name change it felt more dark.. which is what i prefered

Around the Network
taus90 said:
i think it is just me but before the name change it felt more dark.. which is what i prefered

"Don’t be fooled by the dark mood the (old) trailer leads you to, what you’ve seen is merely a representation of what’s to come but I can disclose that the character (Noctis) is not solitary or dark even though the burden he carries is very heavy." - Tetsuya Nomura

I think the game will offer a mix of both Dark and light theme. But I agree, the old trailers are just darker.

Okay Square. You got me interested. I'll bite.
Please don't disappoint (again)...

So far I love what we know about the story, the gameplay, the musics (the musics of the trailer are just amazing), the graphics, the exploration aspect, the world design, etc... Also, there still are emblematic monsters !
The only thing annoying me is some character designs, but well, that's a thing with every FF. Also, I hope there'll be a female playable character.

But well, this game seems to be the Final Fantasy we've all been waiting for. A step forward, but in the good direction.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

I can't say that I'm too hyped for FFXV, but I do hope that it will be the best FF game since IX!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

If the game doesn't deliver then Square Enix will go down as possibly the most overrated developer of all time.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network

I think the problem with the Final Fantasy series is as the graphics have gotten better, it's harder to take the story as seriously.

When a dude with 15 zippers on his leather jacket and a Korean pop-star hair cut is telling you about his rough life with voice acting, it's kinda hard not to chuckle at the cheesiness of it.

I think it's a mistake to make characters in a fantasy game like this too contemporary (like driving a modern looking car and what not), I also don't understand the obsession with male characters that look like women, I get that US games aren't much better with the bald space marine thing, but still. 

Seriously.. 8 years since the first trailer... that must mean they started develop this game 2004... how the hell will this game ever earn it's money back? it would have to sell like 15 million or something just to break even.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Soundwave said:

I think the problem with the Final Fantasy series is as the graphics have gotten better, it's harder to take the story as seriously.

When a dude with 15 zippers on his leather jacket and a Korean pop-star hair cut is telling you about his rough life with voice acting, it's kinda hard not to chuckle at the cheesiness of it.

I think it's a mistake to make characters in a fantasy game like this too contemporary (like driving a modern looking car and what not), I also don't understand the obsession with male characters that look like women, I get that US games aren't much better with the bald space marine thing, but still. 

Not sure where your from but none of those guys look like woman to me. Sure they aren't all buff dudes with boring shaved heads but there is nothing wrong with a teenager or young adult male having a pretty face and hair. Hell just take a look around the pop scene, Beiber when he was younger or Cody Simpson or every Kpop and Jpop star look similar. It's just what males look like.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Please SE, Please make this the FF game we have all been waiting for... I want the FF name to mean greatness once again so please, make it true with FFXV

This !

I'm confident this one will be a WOW !

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Naum said:
Seriously.. 8 years since the first trailer... that must mean they started develop this game 2004... how the hell will this game ever earn it's money back? it would have to sell like 15 million or something just to break even.

Well the whole team haven't been working on it all these years. They were taken off to fix FFXIV, the biggest reason why this has taken so long. A lot of SQEX resources were put into ARR.