By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox One Closed the Gap 220k So Far This Month Homies

Well hw bayo fatal frame smash captain toad etc will pull it back in next few weeks to minths I think so wii u still ahead as we enter 2015 for awhile.

Around the Network

XBO would need to outsell the Wii U by 120K for the rest of the year to outsell it by the end of 2014.

It's possible but unlikely I think.

Is this supposed to be impressive? Wii U isn't exactly a best seller.

kowenicki said:
Honestly, anyone thinking the WiiU is beating the ONE long term is in for a horrible shock. It wont even be close by the end of the lifetimes.

The ONE will also overtake the WiiU much sooner than people here seem to expect.

Not so sure, many already expected the WiiU to be overtaken by now.

I don't think it will happen this year as many underestimate the affect SSB will have.  I can see XB1 closing that gap more but SSB will largley cancel out the sales from Halo MCC.

Hiku said:

I think Smash will push a ton of Wii U sales this holiday. Beating XB1 in sales for that period seems very possible.
But that will be the last hoorah for the Wii U, and after that XB1 will steadily begin to overtake the Wii U in total sales and will no doubt pass it.

Mario Kart 8 has more mass market appeal than Smash. Most Smash fans probably already have a Wii U. The game will sell millions but it won't push that many consoles.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Hiku said:

I think Smash will push a ton of Wii U sales this holiday. Beating XB1 in sales for that period seems very possible.
But that will be the last hoorah for the Wii U, and after that XB1 will steadily begin to overtake the Wii U in total sales and will no doubt pass it.

I'm not sure about that. So far it looks like Halo: MCC could match or exceed Super Smash Bros. Halo: MCC preorders are ahead of Smash in both the US and UK, and though Smash preorders may be ahead in the rest of Europe (I'm not sure if it is or not) and is certainly ahead in Japan, I'm just not convinced that Smash will be enough for Wii U to beat XB1 in November, especially when Black Friday will likely be huge for XB1 if the rumored Black Friday deals come to fruition. 

I don't believe Halo: MCC will be THAT big. The best-selling HD colection so far has only sold 2.5 million units, while SSB games usually sell over 6 million units.
Though the sales will be split between 3DS and Wii U versions, so you could still be right.

I think the thing that is totally in XBO's favour is 3rd party games....and even though PS4 will get a larger share, the share the XBO gets will be enough to ensure it comes in ahead of the Wii-u most weeks. This is one of the Wii-u's biggest failings this gen, it was obvious that it was going to cause them pain.

So not sure when it's going to pass it but in all likelihood sometime in 2015.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

shikamaru317 said:
GTAexpert said:

I don't believe Halo: MCC will be THAT big. The best-selling HD colection so far has only sold 2.5 million units, while SSB games usually sell over 6 million units.
Though the sales will be split between 3DS and Wii U versions, so you could still be right.

Yeah, I'm not sure just how well Halo: MCC will sell yet either, though I suspect it may be the best selling HD collection yet considering how big Halo is and the amount of content they've packed into Halo: MCC. I'm just basing it on preorders for both games, and like you said, Smash may be split between the 2 versions. Core Nintendo fans will likely get both versions, but I suspect most casuals will go for the 3DS version since you can get a 2DS and SSB for like $160 (or a 3DS XL and SSB for $220), whereas a Wii U and SSB will cost you $360. Casuals tend to go for the cheaper option in my experience.

Also, MS has the CoD advertising deal and bundle in November as well, surely CoD + Halo: MCC combined will be as big as or bigger than SSB Wii U. 

For hardware sales I agree. In November the Wii U has SSB + Watch Dogs while the XB1 has Far Cry 4 + GTA V + Project Cars + AC: Unity + The Crew + COD: AW + Halo: MCC. That should be quite enough to give it a much bigger boost than Wii U.

I still think early 2015 at the earliest and end of 2015 at the latest

DaltonAbbey said:
I wasn't expecting a XB1vsWii U thread when I walked in...

Well he has to make it XB1vsWii U well because you know, comparing it to the PS4 will make it look so bad.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"