By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox One Closed the Gap 220k So Far This Month Homies

toastboy44562 said:

The Gap will be less than 1 million by the end of October.

The Xbox One will shoot past the Wii U in November. Thats my guess homies!

i can see the fist thing happen.

not sure about ur november prediction

wii u has to do hrrible in novmber to make this happen e.g not much more than 500k

Around the Network
Seece said:
Shadow1980 said:
The fact that the XBO and Wii U are even in the same ballpark as each other sales-wise shows how irrelevant the Xbox brand is outside of Anglosphere countries. Continental Europe and Japan continue to not care about Xbox. At all. The XBO had the worst launch of any major console in the past three generations in Japan, and the "Tier 2" countries in Europe sold only about 30k combined for first-week sales, less than what either France or Germany did alone; once they settle at baseline figures, they'll probably only add 2000 units per week to the global baseline. The U.S. and UK alone represent nearly three quarters of global XBO sales, and the UK represents about half of European sales. Outside those two countries, the XBO has been outsold by the Wii U this year by about a 3:2 ratio and by the PS4 by a staggering 6:1. The Xbox brand is only hanging on right now because of the Anglosphere.

And of course the XBO is going to beat the Wii U this month globally. It launched in a bunch of minor markets and it had a boost from Destiny (not as big as the PS4's boost, but a boost nonetheless). Even though the XBO will inevitably drop to inconsequential numbers in Japan (already at only about 3k in its second week) and the "Tier 2" European countries, those first-week sales in those countries will be sufficient to give it a good boost for this month, but only for this month. October will be back to normal. Q4 overall will be interesting, as Nintendo generally cleans up well in the holidays, plus Smash is coming, but Q4 is also when a lot of big third-party AAA games come out. Next year I expect the global tally to consistently favor the XBO over the Wii U, as I believe next year will be its peak year while this year will likely be the peak year for the Wii U. But this year is going to be a lot closer. Continental Europe will be interesting to watch next year. Considering the XBO-Wii U gap this year, it's possible that the XBO might not even beat it next year.

No it won't.

Nintendo usually cleans up in the holidays when it has a huge system that sells well, Wii and DS. Otherwise, no it doesn't.

Have you seen the last 2 holidays for WiiU?? Didn't clean up then, won't this year either.

It amazes me the myths that live on in this forum.

you are amazing seece! 1.1 m  in dec for the struggling wii u vs 1.5 for the newly xbone...that s not a big difference!
keep doubting smas bros and mario kart!

Seece said:

Me too. 1.5:1 lifetime.

Also, XB1 will outship WiiU end of this month IMO.

I don't know about that ship number. I think there will be at most a 100k difference in shipped numbers.

7,200,000 [Wii U] vs 7,100,000 [One]

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

Welfare said:
Seece said:

Me too. 1.5:1 lifetime.

Also, XB1 will outship WiiU end of this month IMO.

I don't know about that ship number. I think there will be at most a 100k difference in shipped numbers.

7,200,000 [Wii U] vs 7,100,000 [One]

Yeah I can see that as well.

Something like 600k for WiiU (7.28m) Vs 1.5m for XB1 (7m~) is definitely possible.

I just think given MS could ship 1.1m in Q1 whilst having a lot of stock out there, and 550k~ last Q with very low sales, means this Q they can easily do 1.5m+

tak13 said:
Seece said:
Shadow1980 said:
The fact that the XBO and Wii U are even in the same ballpark as each other sales-wise shows how irrelevant the Xbox brand is outside of Anglosphere countries. Continental Europe and Japan continue to not care about Xbox. At all. The XBO had the worst launch of any major console in the past three generations in Japan, and the "Tier 2" countries in Europe sold only about 30k combined for first-week sales, less than what either France or Germany did alone; once they settle at baseline figures, they'll probably only add 2000 units per week to the global baseline. The U.S. and UK alone represent nearly three quarters of global XBO sales, and the UK represents about half of European sales. Outside those two countries, the XBO has been outsold by the Wii U this year by about a 3:2 ratio and by the PS4 by a staggering 6:1. The Xbox brand is only hanging on right now because of the Anglosphere.

And of course the XBO is going to beat the Wii U this month globally. It launched in a bunch of minor markets and it had a boost from Destiny (not as big as the PS4's boost, but a boost nonetheless). Even though the XBO will inevitably drop to inconsequential numbers in Japan (already at only about 3k in its second week) and the "Tier 2" European countries, those first-week sales in those countries will be sufficient to give it a good boost for this month, but only for this month. October will be back to normal. Q4 overall will be interesting, as Nintendo generally cleans up well in the holidays, plus Smash is coming, but Q4 is also when a lot of big third-party AAA games come out. Next year I expect the global tally to consistently favor the XBO over the Wii U, as I believe next year will be its peak year while this year will likely be the peak year for the Wii U. But this year is going to be a lot closer. Continental Europe will be interesting to watch next year. Considering the XBO-Wii U gap this year, it's possible that the XBO might not even beat it next year.

No it won't.

Nintendo usually cleans up in the holidays when it has a huge system that sells well, Wii and DS. Otherwise, no it doesn't.

Have you seen the last 2 holidays for WiiU?? Didn't clean up then, won't this year either.

you are amazing seece! 1.1 m  in dec for the struggling wii u vs 1.5 for the newly xbone...that s not a big difference!

well to be fair, the Xbone was way expensive than Wii U. So by rights wii u had no buisness losing to ONE anyway

Around the Network
oniyide said:
tak13 said:

well to be fair, the Xbone was way expensive than Wii U. So by rights wii u had no buisness losing to ONE anyway

Also let's not forget the Wii U also had a more respectable games library with way more games as well. So yeah with the XB1 being twice as expensive and having far less games the comparison makes the Wii U look worse to be honest. Not hating just pointing things out.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

tak13 said:
Seece said:
Shadow1980 said:

No it won't.

1.1m in December? Uh huh, theys hipped 1.95m through the entire Q, no way they did 1.1m through December. Only did 400k~ in the US.

Certainly no doubt in my mind that the Xbox One will pass the Wii U sooner rather than later. However, I really just cannot quite get my head around what Smash will do to boost the Wii U. I know it will give it a significant boost, obviously, but it is going to be enough to offset the Xbox offerings. Especially with the Xbox having the multiplat avantage.

So, I am definitely torn as to whether it will happen this year. Certainly possible but if Smash does amazing numbers it could put off the Xbox One for a little longer.

Seece said:
tak13 said:
Seece said:

No it won't.

1.1m in December? Uh huh, theys hipped 1.95m through the entire Q, no way they did 1.1m through December. Only did 400k~ in the US.

400k? you mean 481k...plus 303 from japan 784...so 314k europe and row!1.1m is absolutely right
p.s Nintendo usually cleans up in the holidays when it has a huge system that sells well, Wii and DS. Otherwise, no it doesn't...you said...are you implying something for the 3ds which have sold the impressive 4-5m each december...?

TheBlackNaruto said:
oniyide said:
tak13 said:

Also let's not forget the Wii U also had a more respectable games library with way more games as well. So yeah with the XB1 being twice as expensive and having far less games the comparison makes the Wii U look worse to be honest. Not hating just pointing things out.

of course. Wii u shouldnt be compared to the other two in anyway because it will not do it any favors. No matter how one wants to spin it. Larger library, cheaper system been out longer it shouldnt have to be struggling to fend off xboxone. and it REALLY shouldnt have been passed by PS4 with that kind of speed and distance