By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox One Closed the Gap 220k So Far This Month Homies

someone went HAM in this thread! On topic. I dont think it will pass Wii U this year. It will catch up. not sure about pass

Around the Network

I don't think it will pass the Wii U this year.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Easily going to pass the Wii U this year. November will be massive for PS4 and XB1.

Wii U doesn't have anything big until Super Smash, so I expect Xbox One to beat it for the next couple of months. 

Seece said:
toastboy44562 said:
kowenicki said:
Honestly, anyone thinking the WiiU is beating the ONE long term is in for a horrible shock. It wont even be close by the end of the lifetimes.

The ONE will also overtake the WiiU much sooner than people here seem to expect.

I expect Xbox One Americas Sales> WIi U total sales sooner than later

Me too. 1.5:1 lifetime.

Also, XB1 will outship WiiU end of this month IMO.

I'd say 2-2.5:1 lifetime, I mean Microsoft now has Minecraft, and that's huge. If they come with something like Minecraft Adventure or Minecraft 2 (or something new related to Minecraft), that would be like 2 Marios put together in terms of sales. 

lehamsy said:

Wii U doesn't have anything big until Super Smash, so I expect Xbox One to beat it for the next couple of months. 

Seece said:
toastboy44562 said:
kowenicki said:
Honestly, anyone thinking the WiiU is beating the ONE long term is in for a horrible shock. It wont even be close by the end of the lifetimes.

The ONE will also overtake the WiiU much sooner than people here seem to expect.

I'd say 2-2.5:1 lifetime, I mean Microsoft now has Minecraft, and that's huge. If they come with something like Minecraft Adventure or Minecraft 2 (or something new related to Minecraft), that would be like 2 Marios put together in terms of sales. 

We're talking about XB1 US vs WiiU WW tho. WiiU WW wil hit 15m, XB1 in US should hit 25m - 35m.

Around the Network
Seece said:
lehamsy said:

Seece said:
toastboy44562 said:
kowenicki said:

We're talking about XB1 US vs WiiU WW tho. WiiU WW wil hit 15m, XB1 in US should hit 25m - 35m.

Oh, I get it now. In that case I think it to early to say, but I think that the 1-1.5:1 is a good guess nonetheless. 

ok how do you close a gap without selling more than your competitor at least one week?

Well, everyone knows that X1 will outsell the Wii U. Final LTD sales will probably be 2:1 in his favour. I'm not so sure it can do it this year (sales, not shipments) because we don't know the impact that the big games will have on both. People are a little optimistic because Destiny pushed it to 4:1 week, but SSB will probably do the opposite.

2015 however, is an easy task for the X1 and I don't think it will even need the entire year (I'm counting more on the first months). The X1 will handily outsell the U during the holidays. X1 sales are heavily focused on the US alone, where the boost is higher.

OttoniBastos said:
ok how do you close a gap without selling more than your competitor at least one week?

You must have just posted without actually reading what the thread was about lol.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Shadow1980 said:
The fact that the XBO and Wii U are even in the same ballpark as each other sales-wise shows how irrelevant the Xbox brand is outside of Anglosphere countries. Continental Europe and Japan continue to not care about Xbox. At all. The XBO had the worst launch of any major console in the past three generations in Japan, and the "Tier 2" countries in Europe sold only about 30k combined for first-week sales, less than what either France or Germany did alone; once they settle at baseline figures, they'll probably only add 2000 units per week to the global baseline. The U.S. and UK alone represent nearly three quarters of global XBO sales, and the UK represents about half of European sales. Outside those two countries, the XBO has been outsold by the Wii U this year by about a 3:2 ratio and by the PS4 by a staggering 6:1. The Xbox brand is only hanging on right now because of the Anglosphere.

And of course the XBO is going to beat the Wii U this month globally. It launched in a bunch of minor markets and it had a boost from Destiny (not as big as the PS4's boost, but a boost nonetheless). Even though the XBO will inevitably drop to inconsequential numbers in Japan (already at only about 3k in its second week) and the "Tier 2" European countries, those first-week sales in those countries will be sufficient to give it a good boost for this month, but only for this month. October will be back to normal. Q4 overall will be interesting, as Nintendo generally cleans up well in the holidays, plus Smash is coming, but Q4 is also when a lot of big third-party AAA games come out. Next year I expect the global tally to consistently favor the XBO over the Wii U, as I believe next year will be its peak year while this year will likely be the peak year for the Wii U. But this year is going to be a lot closer. Continental Europe will be interesting to watch next year. Considering the XBO-Wii U gap this year, it's possible that the XBO might not even beat it next year.

No it won't.

Nintendo usually cleans up in the holidays when it has a huge system that sells well, Wii and DS. Otherwise, no it doesn't.

Have you seen the last 2 holidays for WiiU?? Didn't clean up then, won't this year either.

It amazes me the myths that live on in this forum.