By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox One At The Top Of The Sales Chart. Haters Gonna Hate.

over-tracked

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

Around the Network

Week one boost is nice but I'm more interested in what the baseline will be. Granted sales will only keep going up leading into the holidays.

Seriously what congrats are you talking about. I understand the excitement with the launch of XB1 in new territories but thinking that this boost is anything but a temporary flicker is just being naive or wishful-thinking. Take out the Japanese numbers for example, it's back to trailing behind PS4. And don't forget that this was probably one of the worst console launches in Japan's history (24 K vs over 300 K). Next week, the Japanese sales will be blimp on the radar, and the Euro sales will radically diminish, and then what?

You may be excited about the re-launch week for XB1, but there is absolutely no good news here folks, that's the sad truth.... What's exactly shocking is that PS4 almost matched XB1 even in its launch week in so many additional markets! That's just bad....

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates

Yep, I am looking forward to the rest of September sales now.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

freedquaker said:
Seriously what congrats are you talking about. I understand the excitement with the launch of XB1 in new territories but thinking that this boost is anything but a temporary flicker is just being naive or wishful-thinking. Take out the Japanese numbers for example, it's back to trailing behind PS4. And don't forget that this was probably one of the worst console launches in Japan's history (24 K vs over 300 K). Next week, the Japanese sales will be blimp on the radar, and the Euro sales will radically diminish, and then what?

You may be excited about the re-launch week for XB1, but there is absolutely no good news here folks, that's the sad truth....

Well, it still did make the Xbox One #1 of last week's charts. And that didn't happen too often, so no wonder enthusiasts are glad, there's nothing wrong with that.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

Around the Network

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Dadrik said:
freedquaker said:

You may be excited about the re-launch week for XB1, but there is absolutely no good news here folks, that's the sad truth....

Well, it still did make the Xbox One #1 of last week's charts. And that didn't happen too often, so no wonder enthusiasts are glad, there's nothing wrong with that.

There is nothing wrong with being glad but one should see the bigger picture. If 10 armies going your way, and if you are able to defeat one of them, you may be glad with the victory, but if you're out of ammo, what are you going to do against the 9 other armies?

Let's just think back and remember the Japanese launch alone gave PS4 a 300+ K boost (more than twice what XB1 is able to do in all territories). Other than a symbolic one week long number 1, I see no reason to rejoice for XB1 sales here.

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates

The real battle begins now? You sound like Phil Spencer with the 'September, October, November and December is what counts' comment and that other guy's preseason twitter remark.

I guess if we ignore X1 general sales and focus on launch week, Titanfall week and this week, and ignore literally every other week, then yeah there is a great battle going on.

Adds 27 new countries to sell in. Only wins by 5k... PS4 back on top by 18k next week.
Just sayin'.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Baseline will obviously be lower than what PS4 is selling at the present moment but NA sales should start taking off soon with the 'get a free game' deal and exclusives coming which will bump sales. Forza Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive and the grandaddy of them all, Halo:MCC, will undoubtedly push consoles. I expect a real close battle this holiday season.