By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sorry, Bayonetta 2 will not be a system seller (nor sell more than 1 million).

Global lifetime sales for Bayonetta 2 will be:

Less than 500k 124 17.06%

500k to 1 million 333 45.80%

More than 1 million 270 37.14%

Total:727
ryuzaki57 said:
bevochan said:

My guess is that it'll sell about 350k in the 1st week but won't break 1 million lifetime.

You're quite the optimistic guy, aren't you? Even 200K ww launch aligned would be a miracle.

No one cares about Bayonetta 2 on WiiU.

Wrong. Tons of people are insanely hyped for this game.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network

i think will sale well, not only looks and feels good but also nintendo has given marketing support
http://mii-gamer.com/2014/09/06/bayonetta-2-gets-popular-tv-spots/
"
Bayonetta 2 Gets Popular With TV Spots
By Andy Steyn On 6 Sep, 2014 At 09:09 PM | Categorized As Wii U, Wii U News | With 0 Comment
Bayonetta 2

It appears Nintendo is prepared to advertise their upcoming action-climax game, Bayonetta 2 for the Wii U. Two Television commercials have emerged targeting the Japanese video game market. Featuring the voluptuous Bayonetta in skimpy clothing, suggestive poses and sublime action gameplay – these Television commercials will surely appease the stereotypical gamer in Japan.

I know for certain that the Nintendo community were fearful that Bayonetta 2 was going to fly under the radar, receiving very little marketing support from Nintendo. So it is heartening that Nintendo has listened to their followers and decided to give this title a respectable marketing campaign.

Bayonetta 2 is set to launch in Japan on September 20. Platinum Games exclusive will make it across the pond on October 14 in North America, Europe and for Australia on October 25. For the latest updates on Bayonetta 2, stay tuned at Mii-gamer.

ayonetta 2 Gets Popular With TV Spots
By Andy Steyn On 6 Sep, 2014 At 09:09 PM | Categorized As Wii U, Wii U News | With 0 Comment
Bayonetta 2

It appears Nintendo is prepared to advertise their upcoming action-climax game, Bayonetta 2 for the Wii U. Two Television commercials have emerged targeting the Japanese video game market. Featuring the voluptuous Bayonetta in skimpy clothing, suggestive poses and sublime action gameplay – these Television commercials will surely appease the stereotypical gamer in Japan.

I know for certain that the Nintendo community were fearful that Bayonetta 2 was going to fly under the radar, receiving very little marketing support from Nintendo. So it is heartening that Nintendo has listened to their followers and decided to give this title a respectable marketing campaign.

Bayonetta 2 is set to launch in Japan on September 20. Platinum Games exclusive will make it across the pond on October 14 in North America, Europe and for Australia on October 25. For the latest updates on Bayonetta 2, stay tuned at Mii-gamer.

ayonetta 2 Gets Popular With TV Spots
Bayonetta 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNNkSTM_AHg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UAckeTP6Xg

"

ryuzaki57 said:
bevochan said:

My guess is that it'll sell about 350k in the 1st week but won't break 1 million lifetime.

You're quite the optimistic guy, aren't you? Even 200K ww launch aligned would be a miracle.

Theres a few people who care about Bayonetta 2, probably not a crazy high amount but a few. Personally I think it will surprise a few people here while at the same time dissapointing a few people here. 600-700k lifetime.

ryuzaki57 said:

People do care about the game on the Wii U, just not in huge numbers. I think 200k on FW will happen, I am going for 230k... based on preorder number of Japan, it should sell around 30k - 40k in there, the first day edition in Europe is almost sold out  and that is 15k units there, add normal preorders, some promotion and it can do 80k-90k FW in there, and last buth not least you have America numbers and usually those can go as high as 120k, or as low as 100k.

As you can see, those are all realistic numbers (at leas achivable) and well in line with previous launches of titles like DKC and Pikmin 3, that had a decent following and some critical aclaim but lack widespread appeal, like Bayonetta 2.

fleischr said:
ryuzaki57 said:
bevochan said:

Wrong. Tons of people are insanely hyped for this game.

Exactly, tons of people are excited for the game. Just not millions.

Around the Network

It is a system seller!!! And I truly feel that it will reach 1 million.

I'm curious what people are using to define it as a success or flop. I think 1 million would be a very respectable number even though that means they definitely lost money on it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Nem said:
Its not a system seller. I thought it was already clear that such games barely exist. Mario kart 8 is the only i can think of that had any lasting effect.
Selling 1m would be great though. A definite sucess.

The efforts for Bayonetta 2 are double or even triple that of the first Bayonetta. One million is not a success. Times have changed since the PS2 era. Platinum titles are awesome for Nintendo but they are not profitable while exclusive. 

shinyblaze said:

typical stupidity.

Why so serious, Zero? :/

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

even if it doesn't reach 1 million, at least Wii U owners will have the chance to play this glorious game and not some overhyped boring shooter