By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do You Still Consider Bungie One of The Top Developers?

KingdomHeartsFan said:
Mystro-Sama said:
For some reason I think Activision forced them to segment the game. But yea, this doesn't look good on their record.

So if Destiny came out with more content do you think it would be as good as Halo 1-3?

No, but at least it wouldn't be as bad as it is right now.

Around the Network

Not anymore. Destiny is a bad game.

Excellent music/sound and the ghost is a good ai companion.
Atrocious PvP/Needs more maps and modes.
Mediocre story
Sidemissions are a joke.
Main story mission are underwhelming and repetitive.
Lacks content.

They should have sold the game for $30 and then charge $15 for each dlc.

I won't be buying another bungie game again for the false and misleading comments from bungie about the game.

I think they're good but not great like they used to be.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Am I the only one who actually liked ODST? I took it for what it was, an expansion / side story to Halo 3, and I actually enjoyed the campaign.

Bungie is a great developer, but they are not among the upper crust of developers for the simple reason that they've stuck to the same formula for the last 15 years. Destiny is a mere continuation of Halo, just with a different face.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

I still consider them top developer, mainly because they make great space shooters, but I wonder what would haven't happens of Halo was a StarCrafy style RTS...

Around the Network

I didn't ever really put in the top tier and never considered them after 2007.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Well they're only batting a 50/50 average right now for great games out of their 4 games from the last seven years, so "top developer" may be a big strong. They're certainly still a "good" developer though, they just shot themselves in the foot in more than one way with Destiny. Reach was an excellent offering though, so I still have faith in them.

Frankly, I haven't considered them a top developer since the 6th gen.

I always thought Halo was an overrated mediocre series. So no, I don't think they have disappointed me, I always had a low opinion of them.

Still think their best games are Halo 2 and Reach.