By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do You Still Consider Bungie One of The Top Developers?

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

An A student gets 1 B minus and all of a sudden they are on academic probation. Must've not been trying enough despite the proffesor trying his hardest to fail him.

I'm pretty sure this is a pretty good analogy.

Its more like 3 As then a F then a B- and a C+.

Around the Network

Like any great company, they do have their low times. Hopefully it will rise again.

They make technically strong shooters. Destiny still his a lot of potential. Bungie will stay around

ODST wasn't that bad :/

Bristow9091 said:
To be honest, I never really considered them as one of the top developers.

Same ^^

Around the Network

I was not a huge Halo fan except for the OG Xbox, so I would say they have not been a top tier developer for a long time.

But I read somewhere a lot of the staff left when Bungie split from MS. So maybe it's like a Rareware or Infinity Ward type situation where they studio still has the name, but the bulk of the original talent is gone?

Oni was all right, but never enjoyed Halo and gave up on that series after 2 left me indifferent. I was curious about Destiny, but once always online was stated I lost all interest. To me they make sci fi FPS and do an average job with characters and world building. Maybe the game play is special to some, I just never had fun with Halo.

People complaining about Bungie misdirecting their audience, overhyping or not delivering a particular vision only have themselves to blame. Their was an open beta on Ps3/4 and X360/1 in July. Plenty of time to test the game without having to buy it.

Of course they are still top devs. Destiny may not be the best game ever but it'll become one if not the top shooter in a few years. I may not like the game right now but I'm about sure Bungie will adjust a few things and this will be as great as Halo gaming wise. Not the story though I think they need to change the enemies or try to make them more interesting.

KingdomHeartsFan said:
The Fury said:
Yes. Why wouldn't they? Because they made a game which had generally good reviews?

Or did I miss something and infact they just sold you a turd in a box for £40 (I mean literally a turd).

Saying Destiny got good reviews is a stretch, it got mixed reviews.  Also lets say it did get "good" reviews, just coming out with a good game doesn't make them one of the top developers, coming out with master pieces, like they used to, does.  Ofc its all subjective what people consider master pieces, hence the reason for the thread.

I would say 8/10 or above for most reviews is good. I did put the word 'generally'. Having generally bad reviews is 6 or less, not 8 or more. I had more 8 or more than it does 7 or 6, so it's a good game.

Here's an example of what I think of the the developer as it's about them in reality. I haven't played their Mac, games, or Oni or any Halo after 2, I played 1 but didn't enjoy it myself (haven't got Destiny either). However, they are still well respected and have produced some great games in their time. They are one of the Top Developers.

But hey, what do I know, I liked Raven Software before Activision turned them into their bitch

Hmm, pie.