By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do You Still Consider Bungie One of The Top Developers?

Arkaign said:
I always thought Halo was an overrated mediocre series. So no, I don't think they have disappointed me, I always had a low opinion of them.

The original absolutely deserves every praise it got back in its day, if only for what it did for the console FPS. Also cred has to be given to Halo 2 as well, for essentially laying the framework of online gaming as we know it. That said though, the series probably is overrated as a whole, and Reach is really the only game that still holds up well today. And I still enjoy it way more as an FPS series than I ever have COD.

Around the Network

They still make them best Space Shooters.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Arkaign said:
I always thought Halo was an overrated mediocre series. So no, I don't think they have disappointed me, I always had a low opinion of them.

I absolutely agree. I've never constidered them to be a top developer.

It's funny because this is exactly the same response any halo game would get if it were released multiplatform.

Yes, I still consider them to be a great dev.

I kind of blame Activision for what happened with Destiny, but I'll reserve my judgement till the expansion packs and the second Destiny game come out.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

They never were a top developer in my opinion. They hit gold with Halo CE but never managed to replicate that with future games, not to say they were bad though, for the most part they were great. They're definitely above average though.

Around the Network

I've never considered Bungie to be one of the top developers.. A great developer? Hell yes. One of the top ones? Not really.. :/

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Yes. Why wouldn't they? Because they made a game which had generally good reviews?

Or did I miss something and infact they just sold you a turd in a box for £40 (I mean literally a turd).

Hmm, pie.

after playing Destiny hellz ya

The Fury said:
Yes. Why wouldn't they? Because they made a game which had generally good reviews?

Or did I miss something and infact they just sold you a turd in a box for £40 (I mean literally a turd).

Saying Destiny got good reviews is a stretch, it got mixed reviews.  Also lets say it did get "good" reviews, just coming out with a good game doesn't make them one of the top developers, coming out with master pieces, like they used to, does.  Ofc its all subjective what people consider master pieces, hence the reason for the thread.

An A student gets 1 B minus and all of a sudden they are on academic probation. Must've not been trying enough despite the proffesor trying his hardest to fail him.

I'm pretty sure this is a pretty good analogy.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank