By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny Is a Different Game After 20 Hours, Bungie Says

You know what they say, "Greatness Awaits!"

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Around the Network

I need to add more:

- they think people will have 'created a community with other players'? Uhhhhh...how? We can't talk to other people. We can use emotes in random places, and that's about it. The market area is filled with people...that you can't talk to, while the battle zones are void of other players. The game honestly feels very lonely.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

JOKA_ said:
I need to add more:

- they think people will have 'created a community with other players'? Uhhhhh...how? We can't talk to other people. We can use emotes in random places, and that's about it. The market area is filled with people...that you can't talk to, while the battle zones are void of other players. The game honestly feels very lonely.

Crazy thing is you can't even talk to your own teammates in multiplayer. What kind of community is that?

The game is absolutely amazing. Addictive. Vicious.

Better? It is to play for years.

After 20 hours you unlock the fun campaign and balanced PvP.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Hynad said:
MoHasanie said:
sundin13 said:
HyrulianScrolls said:

Honestly, I think Bungie is terrified right now for what the ho hum reception among gamers and critics will do to long term sales. Yes it had a massive opening week. But this game cost 500 MILLION dollars. That's insane. It absolutely needs to be a long term seller to stand a chance at being profitable. If it isn't it could wreck them financially.

a. It didn't cost them 500$ mil
b. didn't they make 500$ mil already?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/activision-investing-500-million-for-bungie-s-destiny/1100-6419444/

The game still didn't cost that much to make. 

Try again.

They've denied it but recently they've accepted that it was true:

http://www.examiner.com/article/activision-confident-destiny-as-demonstrated-by-its-500-million-budget

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Mr Puggsly said:
After 20 hours you unlock the fun campaign and balanced PvP.

The PvP is one of the most balanced I ever saw... no kidding.

When the Iron Braner event get open in October you will see how unbalanced it will be because your gears will count in PvP

20 hours? Please, it only took me 1 minute of gameplay to enjoy Resistance: Fall of Man, the orignal Super Mario Bros., and even Big Rigs (Its a joke, its awful, but here's no need to take it seriously). Bungie, I expected more from you, and to every developer, unless you're going to develop a more special kind of game, there's no excuse to take hours to finally start enjoying a game. Even Team Fortress 2 did it right, and I suck when I first played. Multiplayer gaming, what has to become of you?

KylieDog said:
No, it is the same few things over and over.

The same thing applies to your comments. :)

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
If it takes 20 hours to get you addicted... That is pretty sad... Although I am not a fan of MMO's but I expected better from Bungie tbh but then again, Activision is Activision

I just started playing it and the game is fun from the beginning.  What I hear is that it gets repetitive, but I haven't played enough to see that yet.  I'm a long way off lvl 20.

My 8th gen collection