By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny Is a Different Game After 20 Hours, Bungie Says

I appreciate Bungie trying give Destiny longevity, but at the same time, 20 hours is too long in my opinion...

Around the Network

This is true for every loot type game. The gear is different and the mobs are night and day different.

You know what sucks? Being a level 8 player just trying to get some random cosmodrome missions done an running into a mob spawned for two level 22 players. Multiple wizards, knights, etc. Not even fair. It makes it virtually impossible for me to play.

At twenty hours, I think you could argue for indoctrination by repetition and Skinner's Box.

That's sad.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Areym said:
If it takes 20 hours to get you addicted... That is pretty sad... Although I am not a fan of MMO's but I expected better from Bungie tbh but then again, Activision is Activision

It's similar to FFXIII, it takes close to 20 hours to get to the open part of the game (forgot the name) and arguably, the fun part of it.

That is... Pretty sad lolll. I hope FFXV doesn't take that long to get going

Yep. Similar to recent Zelda games really. Where you need to go through a cringe worthy "introductory" tutorial where everything is spoon fed to you during the first few hours.

Hynad said:

Yep. Similar to recent Zelda games really. Where you need to go through a cringe worthy "introductory" tutorial where everything is spoon fed to you during the first few hours.

Recent Zelda games? Oh you mean A Link Between Worlds where there was hardly any tutorial? Or Zelda U where Eiji Aonuma stated that he will make sure the tutorial is short? Granted SS and WW had large tutorials but they weren't recent zelda games since WWHD was a remaster and SS came out a while ago

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

How does someone complete the story and only be level 16? I'm at 19 and I have a couple hours left.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

No, at 20 hours the game is nothing but repeating the same missions or multiplayer maps you've played over and over to get new gear so you can play the same missions at a higher level so you can get new gear to play the same missions.

Hynad said:

Recent Zelda games? Oh you mean A Link Between Worlds where there was hardly any tutorial? Or Zelda U where Eiji Aonuma stated that he will make sure the tutorial is short? But granted, SS and WW had large tutorials but they weren't recent zelda games since WWHD was a remaster and SS came out a while ago

Cherry picking much, eh? Handheld Zelda don't have that problem, granted, since they follow pretty much the way 2D Zelda games have always been. But the console ones, on the other hand, yep, the recent ones have been like that. And it's annoying. SS is pretty recent in my book, since it's the last console Zelda, unless you count WWHD, which, like you said, also has that problem. And then, you have TP which also has that problem. Basically, most console Zelda games since OoT have that problem. Cherry pick all you want (I expected you to react as defensively as you did, to be honest), that's how it's been for the longest time now. Aonuma's claims about an unreleased game do nothing to me. I'll judge it when the game is in my Wii U. Feel free to drink their Kool Aid instead.

Recent Zelda games? Oh you mean A Link Between Worlds where there was hardly any tutorial? Or Zelda U where Eiji Aonuma stated that he will make sure the tutorial is short? But granted, SS and WW had large tutorials but they weren't recent zelda games since WWHD was a remaster and SS came out a while ago

And the introductory portion of SS/WW was really fun... they were like the beginning of PlanetES (or a bunch of other anime), being enjoyable and low key and giving context to the rest of the story, so it really hits you when the drama happens.

However, Destiny and Zelda are so incomparable that there is really no reason to be talking about this in this thread....

Lol, poor Bungie really seems to be taking their first critical failure harshly. They've been trying to do damage control for this thing before it even came out!