By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anyone who's disappointed after purchasing Destiny because of hype only has themselves to blame.

KingdomHeartsFan said:

I agree, everything about this game was pretty open.

Open you say?

Around the Network

100% -AGREE!!! Not to mention I am having the most fun I've had in multiplayer since the original Pay Day on PS3. And Saints Row 2.

kupomogli said:

Bungie didn't show bs videos about how the game would play in the most ideal circumstances like Ubisoft usually does, they didn't announce bogus features features that were never implemented like Rockstar has on their last few games.  Months before launch Bungie announced the level cap, all the areas that were available within the game, all the features available, and opened servers for PS3, 360, Xbox One, and PS4 owners to play the game's beta.  People who were interested in Destiny had every opportunity to see if they'd enjoy the game before purchasing it. 

There was nothing deceiving about the games advertising.  If you are one of the people to have overhyped it in your own mind thinking the final version of the game should have more than they described, then you only have yourself to blame. 

Yes, this.  Plus even though reviews took a while to come out, there were a lot of streams so we could see what the game was like.

My 8th gen collection

The_Sony_Girl1 said:
So no buy for me?

Yes, pretty much.

jlmurph2 said:

Open you say?

If you've played the beta, you already knew this, so it wasn't a suprise.

The video was funny though.

Around the Network

Being an MMO guy since I first touched EQ in 1999 and not being very successful with FPS keepin my interest for more than a week (besides M.A.G.) I fully admit I am loving lots about Destiny. My only real gripe with the game as of now (level 13) is the customization of my character is underwhelming. Feels like with every level I acheve I put the point into the only available ability. There is no tough choice between 3 skills that all sound awesome, it might as well just auto place until 15. I do believe that once 15 hits I will eat crow and I will accept that crow fully.

One aspect of the game I absolutely love Bungie for is the no map. I freaking love it!! For once since EQ I am actually taking in the world. I'm going into every cave I stumble across and will go out of my way to see what is exactly opposite of mission objective. I think it's unfair Destiny is receiving this much hate, when it sounds like most of the hate is story. And I hate all the "repetition" complaints because I have yet to find a game that isn't in a very long time. (That is my opinion on that subject and may be viewed as wrong by others, but that's how I feel.)

I'm very glad I bought into the hype the way I did because it's been a while since I've really spent time with my PS4 (damn you SMITE for being so much fun!!) I eagerly await the time when the wife and kid go to bed and I can dive deeper into Destiny. I hope Bungie keeps unloading tons of events, different Crucible maps and objectives and keep this game rollin fresh into 2015 and b3yond. Sorry for long post, hope some of you who have read it agree and are willing to game sometime. Add me on PSN. GirthQuake.

iceboy151 said:
jlmurph2 said:

Open you say?

If you've played the beta, you already knew this, so it wasn't a suprise.

The video was funny though.

I know, I just thought it fit the wording.

well if you read some of my comments in the past I said its way overhyped buy I am till getting it. I did buy it cause lets face it there really isn't many other options on PS4 atm that I don't already own.

I'm enjoying it immensely and I was immensely hyped. Though I must say most people don't seem to have gotten the 10 year plan message lol

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

People who bought the game would rather say the game is good than admit that they got swept along with the hype