By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anyone who's disappointed after purchasing Destiny because of hype only has themselves to blame.

jlmurph2 said:

Critical success is used plenty of times to compare games. Do you even know what you're arguing anymore? I say again, Titanfall and Watch Dogs did pretty good for reviews and they're new IPs. 

not by many.  yes.  The reviewers apparently expected more out of Destiny and/or were different reviewers and/or they had strange expectations for what Destiny was promising.  There are a million reasons why reviews could be different other than quality.  There ya go.  Please stop talking nonsense now.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network
platformmaster918 said:
jlmurph2 said:

Critical success is used plenty of times to compare games. Do you even know what you're arguing anymore? I say again, Titanfall and Watch Dogs did pretty good for reviews and they're new IPs. 

not by many.  yes.  The reviewers apparently expected more out of Destiny and/or were different reviewers and/or they had strange expectations for what Destiny was promising.  There are a million reasons why reviews could be different other than quality.  There ya go.  Please stop talking nonsense now.

Coming from the guy that says if a game plays the same as another that it deserves the same score. Sure, I'll stop talking the nonsense. Peace.

Since when do people care about the story campaign of an fps... every year cods come out with the same story over and over again half the length of destiny's campaign and noone cares. Everyone cares about the shooting mechanics which are fine as far as I can tell in destiny.
I personally don't like fps that much so I'm not gonna buy it, but I've never seen critics bash an fps so much. What next should we start bashing any game without a compelling story mode? I guess mario is next on the list :P

Roberto10 said:
Since when do people care about the story campaign of an fps... every year cods come out with the same story over and over again half the length of destiny's campaign and noone cares. Everyone cares about the shooting mechanics which are fine as far as I can tell in destiny.
I personally don't like fps that much so I'm not gonna buy it, but I've never seen critics bash an fps so much. What next should we start bashing any game without a compelling story mode? I guess mario is next on the list :P

Ummm I care about Halo's story because it's actually good and told pretty well. Whether that be across Video Games, Movies, comics, and books. But yeah in general CoD, Destiny, Battlefield etc...... have stories that nobody even cared about. I mean it's more than the lack of a story for Destiny, it's the lack of diversity of the enemies and the lack of levels and areas to explore. Destiny is just an majorly overhyped game and the user reviews and meta show that. I hope that changes after the expansions have released. 

jlmurph2 said:
platformmaster918 said:
jlmurph2 said:

Coming from the guy that says if a game plays the same as another that it deserves the same score. Sure, I'll stop talking the nonsense. Peace.

thanks!  I never said that but nice enlightening you :)

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers