By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Xbox One Is Going To Be Just Fine. Playstation 4 Will Not Dominate The Market In The Long Run.

Zanten said:
Jega said:
CGI-Quality said:
Jega said:
CGI-Quality said:

No, the only thing your thread title does it contradict much of what you've said in here. How is it that you're the only one that doesn't see the constant flip-floppin'? I mean, look at how often you dodge questions.

All I am saying is that the PS4 will not dominate this generation like some people hope it will.

That is all.

And I, as many others have asked, am looking for solid reasons as to why not. There's no point in hosting a thread if you can't even elaborate on the material you created.

The article I made have points in it as well as my other posts.

I mentioned possible things like a price drop, exclusive games, the Xbox 360 fanbase, UK USA and Canada, Ps4 owners

who says they will eventually buy an Xbox One and other points in this thread as to why the PS4 will not dominate this generation 

in the long run.

Okay, let's try this. Domination is a pretty... Vague term. 2:1 ratio is pretty dominant, but not as dominant as, say, the PS2 was. So, end of generation, what do you think the global gap between the two will be? What, for you, would dominance be?

If ps4 is the leader at the end of the generation, I see no more than a 10 million gap between the Ps4 and Xbox One.

.....and I consider a 20 million lead dominating not a 10 million lead.

Around the Network
Jega said:
Zanten said:

Okay, let's try this. Domination is a pretty... Vague term. 2:1 ratio is pretty dominant, but not as dominant as, say, the PS2 was. So, end of generation, what do you think the global gap between the two will be? What, for you, would dominance be?

If ps4 is the leader at the end of the generation, I see no more than a 10 million gap between the Ps4 and Xbox One.

But what if the Xbox One sells, say, a hundred million, and the PS4 a hundred and twenty? Are you saying that would be more dominant than if the Xbox One sold five million, and the PS4 sold twenty? The larger the install bases get, the less the 'gap' matters, which is why the current numbers are pretty worrisome for Microsoft. They're not just concerned that 'Oh, Sony sold five million more than us.' They're concerned that 'Shit, Sony's selling them twice as fast as us.'

But let's assume that the lower-end console, in this scenario the Xbox One, sells the same as the Xbox 360, 80 million. To reach that 20 million gap, the PS4 only has to outsell it by a ratio of 1.25:1, which is WAY lower than it's been outselling it since launch. So even if at the end of the generation, the Xbox 360 sells 80 million consoles, and the PS4 sells 100 million, then we can say it's dominating, even though it's technically outsold the Xbox One much, much slower than it has this year?

It also brings us back to the last thread you made. When you theorized that the reason the PS4 was selling more was because PS3 owners were more bored with their seventh gen consoles, and Xbox 360 owners were more satisfied. Kind of figure that's why you expect the Xbox One to catch up, you think all the Xbox owners are just so darned happy with their 360s, and all the PS3 owners are desperate for something new. Before I start picking at that, I'd just like to ask if that is still your position, or if you've since changed your mind about that.

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

Yeah, that's laughable. The lead will be way way waaaaaaaaaaay more than 10-20M.

100M for PS4 is the absolute lowest we can expect, while about 50M for XB1 is ridiculously optimistic.

Reality is probably more like 115M to 40M.

Jega said:

All I am saying is that the PS4 will not dominate this generation like some people hope it will.

That is all.

It already is einstain, its dominating more then even the most fanboys could dream of it doing.  

X1 is a dud, nothing will change that.  Thats is all.  

CGI-Quality said:
Jega said:
Zanten said:

And you continue to avoid any explanation of how you expect this. It's already a 5 million unit gap. How will this happen? In what regions? With what price point/game(s)/strategies?

I thinks its clear this person lack the intelligence to understand what you are asking.  Its likely a child that lacks the basic grasp of logic nor any ability to make intelligent arguments. 

Around the Network
Jega said:

A prediction short of less than 50 million lead at end of the generation is pure wishing at this point.  PS4 will likely have a 10 million lead before next summer.

My 8th gen collection

What do you call having double the sales of the competition? Domination.

Dominate ,who cares, sony playstation 4 has done the job of clearing a 20m console difference in the Box home territory and taking the lead,job most definitely done

Jega said:
CGI-Quality said:
Jega said:
CGI-Quality said:

No, the only thing your thread title does it contradict much of what you've said in here. How is it that you're the only one that doesn't see the constant flip-floppin'? I mean, look at how often you dodge questions.

That is all.

And I, as many others have asked, am looking for solid reasons as to why not. There's no point in hosting a thread if you can't even elaborate on the material you created.

The article I made have points in it as well as my other posts.

I mentioned possible things like a price drop, exclusive games, the Xbox 360 fanbase, UK USA and Canada, Ps4 owners

who says they will eventually buy an Xbox One and other points in this thread as to why the PS4 will not dominate this generation 

in the long run.

All of your post make no sense, and your arguments are pointless.

1) Price cut + exclusive Game, exclusive Game free into a Bundle(Titanfall) = already happened ---> after a boost of a couple of weeks, XBone went down to the usual low figures.  MS is not the only one who can work out on price cut and Exclusive games : Infamous SS boosted PS4 as well, and moved more units than MS with Titanfall. Sony are working on a Slim Model plus price cut which could be released in Sept 2016. Again, Sony is in the position to watch what MS are doing, because of the huge Lead they already have, and react to any move by MS, because, again, Sony is leading NOW the Console market.

2) XBox 360 fanbase ?? : many already moved to PS4 because they are casual and/or hardcore and/or casual-hardcore disappointed/unhappy with XBone, together with many Wii casual players who are moving in mass to PS4.

3) PS4 owners : true, some hardcore gamers who already have PS4 might get a XBone later on when big exclusive games will come out, but the same will happen to many other hardcore gamers who already have XBone, who will buy PS4 because of the amazing line up in 2015 ! 

Your arguments are pointless, because everything you mentioned about XBone is also applicable to PS4.

The only evidence we have now is PS4 domination; all the rest are rants, desperate hopes, wishful thinking based on own dreams.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
PotentHerbs said:
It can still get curb stomped & make a decent profit..

Just like Xb360, oh wait...

Wait didn't the X360 make a profit over it's lifetime?