By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Xbox One Is Going To Be Just Fine. Playstation 4 Will Not Dominate The Market In The Long Run.

Jega said:
Kowan said:

The Xbox one outsold ps4 in the week of August 30th in the US ACCORDING to Vgchartz which we all  will 100% change once official data gets released like it has always been. Next time adjustments are made the Ps4 will be the top seeling current gen console for every week in the US.

Well maybe so, but right now it posted that Xbox One outsold the PS4 in America for the last week of August:)

That's... not really saying much for the Xbox One though, man. o.O The Xbox One's sales that week were boosted by a bundle that had been pre-ordered for 2-3 weeks before getting released, and boosted by giving Madden away for free in a bundle. The PS4's sales, meanwhile, were hindered by having more and more people pre-order Destiny bundles in preparation for the game's release instead of buying a console outright (at around that week, the Destiny bundle began to chart above the PS4 on the hourly Amazon charts,) putting its bundle in the top 10, whereas the Xbox One's Sunset Overdrive and Advanced Warfare bundles weren't even in the top 125 in the hourly charts, meaning almost nobody is pre-ordering them in August.

And yet despite all this, it only was able to outsell the PS4 by, what, 5000 units? With everything going for it, should've been MUCH bigger. o.o

To put it another way. The Xbox One had brass knuckles, and the PS4 had one arm tied behind its back, and the Xbox One still could baaaaaarely beat it. Take away even one of those advantages, (such as by also counting Destiny bundle pre-orders are sales,) and the Xbox One'd likely just lose again. =P

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Jega said:

I am going off Xbox 360 sales. I think in the UK and North America Xbox One can eventually start to sell like the Xbox 360.

Yes, this much we've heard already. However, without the things that helped the 360 make the head-way that it did, how can you expect the X1 to mimic that? A question on many minds, right now.

Do you think the Xbox Fanbase is just 5 million Gamers?

Zanten said:
Jega said:
Kowan said:

The Xbox one outsold ps4 in the week of August 30th in the US ACCORDING to Vgchartz which we all  will 100% change once official data gets released like it has always been. Next time adjustments are made the Ps4 will be the top seeling current gen console for every week in the US.

Well maybe so, but right now it posted that Xbox One outsold the PS4 in America for the last week of August:)

That's... not really saying much for the Xbox One though, man. o.O The Xbox One's sales that week were boosted by a bundle that had been pre-ordered for 2-3 weeks before getting released, and boosted by giving Madden away for free in a bundle. The PS4's sales, meanwhile, were hindered by having more and more people pre-order Destiny bundles in preparation for the game's release instead of buying a console outright (at around that week, the Destiny bundle began to chart above the PS4 on the hourly Amazon charts,) putting its bundle in the top 10, whereas the Xbox One's Sunset Overdrive and Advanced Warfare bundles weren't even in the top 125 in the hourly charts, meaning almost nobody is pre-ordering them in August.

And yet despite all this, it only was able to outsell the PS4 by, what, 5000 units? With everything going for it, should've been MUCH bigger. o.o

To put it another way. The Xbox One had brass knuckles, and the PS4 had one arm tied behind its back, and the Xbox One still could baaaaaarely beat it. Take away even one of those advantages, (such as by also counting Destiny bundle pre-orders are sales,) and the Xbox One'd likely just lose again. =P

I am just responding to the other guy. In no way does the sales last week by means a celebration, I am just a little suprised it happened

a bit too soon.

Jega said:
Zanten said:
Jega said:

I am just responding to the other guy. In no way does the sales last week by means a celebration, but in my eyes a suprise.

Ehhh, not as big a surprise to me, to be honest; bundle releases are generally nice, solid sales boosters, and the Madden bundle had tracked pretty well on the charts. As another obvious example, the Destiny bundle is looking to give the PS4 a very strong boost this month, (did you know it's officially passed the Titanfall free game bundle, in lifetime sales, on Amazon? And the Kinect-carrying Xbox One's 2014 sales. And it's still selling as strong as it was a week ago, so it has the potential to go even higher up the chart. It's kind of insane. x.x ) because most of the people who pre-ordered it in May, June, July and August won't have their 'sales' counted until September.

In other words, not only might a bundle draw in more 'total' customers, it'll also have people who planned to buy your product earlier instead drop money on a later release.

Jega said:
Maciveli said:
Jega said:
drake_tolu said:
PS4: 10,000,000
XBOX ONE: 5,000,000

This is domination...

I completely agree.

All I am saying is this can change.

Holiday 2016.

PS4: 34,000,000

Xbox One: 32,800,000

Now that is what I call closing the gap:)

LMAO your imagination is awesome. 

thats what i call living of hopes.

UK, USA and Canada says hi.

UK will help Xbox One get closer in sales to the PS4.

While USA and Canada Xbox One outells the PS4.

This is what happened with the Xbox 360 and I predict the same thing will happen to Xbox One despite all the negativity.

People forget the Xbox 360 also had negativity. People quickly forget people were calling the generation to the PS3 before the Xbox 360 

even launched.

Looks like the same thing to me this generation.

And you forget ps2 dominate the first xbox and sold more then xbox360 and until now ps4 is doing ps2 like numbers

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Jega said:
CGI-Quality said:

Yes, this much we've heard already. However, without the things that helped the 360 make the head-way that it did, how can you expect the X1 to mimic that? A question on many minds, right now.

Do you think the Xbox Fanbase is just 5 million Gamers?

Again, you're making no sense. What does that have to do with the question I asked? Furthermore, you're arguing about the US (and now, suddenly) the UK> There aren't 5 million X1 users there yet. So what does that have to do with anything?

There are millions of gamers that want an Xbox One. Including some that already bought a ps4.

CGI-Quality said:
Jega said:
CGI-Quality said:

Again, you're making no sense. What does that have to do with the question I asked? Furthermore, you're arguing about the US (and now, suddenly) the UK> There aren't 5 million X1 users there yet. So what does that have to do with anything?

There are millions of gamers that want an Xbox One. Including some that already bought a ps4.

So the PS4 will come to a stand still because millions of gamers want an Xbox One?

Once again the title of this thread says it all.

CGI-Quality said:
Jega said:
CGI-Quality said:
Jega said:

So the PS4 will come to a stand still because millions of gamers want an Xbox One?

Once again the title of this thread says it all.

No, the only thing your thread title does it contradict much of what you've said in here. How is it that you're the only one that doesn't see the constant flip-floppin'? I mean, look at how often you dodge questions.

All I am saying is that the PS4 will not dominate this generation like some people hope it will.

That is all.

CGI-Quality said:
Jega said:
CGI-Quality said:

No, the only thing your thread title does it contradict much of what you've said in here. How is it that you're the only one that doesn't see the constant flip-floppin'? I mean, look at how often you dodge questions.

All I am saying is that the PS4 will not dominate this generation like some people hope it will.

That is all.

And I, as many others have asked, am looking for solid reasons as to why not. There's no point in hosting a thread if you can't even elaborate on the material you created.

The article I made have points in it as well as my other posts.

I mentioned possible things like a price drop, exclusive games, the Xbox 360 fanbase, UK USA and Canada, Ps4 owners

who says they will eventually buy an Xbox One and other points in this thread as to why the PS4 will not dominate this generation 

in the long run.

Jega said:
CGI-Quality said:
Jega said:
CGI-Quality said:

That is all.

And I, as many others have asked, am looking for solid reasons as to why not. There's no point in hosting a thread if you can't even elaborate on the material you created.

The article I made have points in it as well as my other posts.

I mentioned possible things like a price drop, exclusive games, the Xbox 360 fanbase, UK USA and Canada, Ps4 owners

who says they will eventually buy an Xbox One and other points in this thread as to why the PS4 will not dominate this generation 

in the long run.

Okay, let's try this. Domination is a pretty... Vague term. 2:1 ratio is pretty dominant, but not as dominant as, say, the PS2 was. So, end of generation, what do you think the global gap between the two will be? What, for you, would dominance be?