By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Xbox One Is Going To Be Just Fine. Playstation 4 Will Not Dominate The Market In The Long Run.

Maciveli said:
Jega said:

All those things you said will not affect the masses of gamers. 

What you and many hear on Vgcharts fail to understand is that the things you care about in a console is not what the masses

will care about.

There is something callled early adopters, those people are the hardcore fans generally the first 10 million buyers.

The PS4 has hit that number.

There are about 5 million or so people that want an Xbox One no matter what those people have yet to buy the system.

After the first 10 or 15 milllion or so gamers then comes the masses the people that going to take both the PS4 and Xbox One in

the 100 million of consoles sold territory the early adopters make up for less than 10% of the gaming market.

Last gen it was clear multiplatform games ran better on the xbox 360, but did that stop people from buying a ps4

NO why because they didn't care about that stuff.

Sony them selves already said lots of 360 and wii owners are buying PS4s, also surprisingly many that didnt even own a console last gen.

Your whole rant is pointless and facts already show that PS4 is the casuals console of chocie and not the X1.  thats what happens when a product becmes the darliong of the big media and social.  

Early adopters have the upmost significance as the set the tone of the marlet and where the masses follow.  Cough PS4 cough.  

Thats the logical reason why MS has dropped price made so many bundles so fast given away new games , they understand the significance of early sales can have on a whole gen.   Clealry you dont.  

I don't think all the negativity will affect Xbox One sales in the long run. In fact by early next year alot of the negativity will be 

fading away.

Around the Network
Maciveli said:
Jega said:
Maciveli said:
Jega said:
small44 said:
Ps4 already sold 2 time more then xbox one ps4 will dominate but not like ps2 domination

I don't see the gap reaching 10 million much less 30 million.

You not seeing something means nothing.  It is not an argument nor even a worthwile point to make.  

Gap will be in the 80m plus area when its all said and done.  

In a world where the Xbox One doesn't exist the PS4 will be ahead by 80 million.

PS2 cough xbox, X1 can exist and PS will stil easily pull a 80m gap.  

Though you are right about the not existing part.   To a majority X1 does not exist as a vaialbe platform to consider gaming on.  Germanys near 7-1 sales ratio really drive that point home to any one with eyes open.

When the Xbox launched the PS2 was already 18 million units ahead.

That is all I have to say about that.

Jega said:

I don't think all the negativity will affect Xbox One sales in the long run. In fact by early next year alot of the negativity will be 

fading away.

It already has dont you get it.  the sales now have sunk X1 later.

360 lived of its early sales lead nearly all gen,  with out it PS3 was beating it but with it it always had that cushion.

X1 negativity ruined xbox for this gen, maybe next will differ maybe not.  

Jega said:
small44 said:
Jega said:
Jumpinbeans said:
The only way I feel Microsoft's XboxONE would stand a chance this generation would be if they purchased a major studio.....no not Mojang (which is just plain wrong) but someone like Activision or EA or Rockstar to get hold of global AAA titles. Thats the only way I see it happening.....sadly though it won't happen because it would be in a sense economic suicide in one respect as MSFT would be paying a premium for a company only for them to write off at least 1/2 of the value but making it exclusive.

First of all Minecraft has sold over 50 million copies across multiple platforms.

What is plain wrong about that?

I don't what microsoft have in mind with that deal, but the only thing that come to my mind is making the maybe mindcraft 2 

exclusive to the Xbox One.

........or MOJANG has a killer game in development that microsoft wants exclusively on the Xbox One, that they are not telling 

anybody about that people will want to play and it will be Xbox exclusive. Again possibly selling Millions of consoles.

That is why I keep saying things can change for Xbox One. Microsoft has the money and resources to make the Xbox One e

extremely successful just like or even more than the Xbox 360.

If they expect Mincraft to be a huge system seller they are wrong but still the games sold a lot so they will make huge money software wise with it

I am not going to debate wether minecraft can push consoles or not as I know very little about minecraft other than it has sold a ton.

I don't think microsoft bought them to sell software though.

Microsoft wants to sell those Xbox Ones thats what I know.

Time will tell if this buyout pays off.

Mincaft only boost ps3 and xbox by something like 5% first week,but the game is selling well every week by people who already have a console

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Jega said:
Maciveli said:

Ok minus 18m and PS2 still had a 115 million gap over xbox LOL.

Around the Network
Maciveli said:
Jega said:
drake_tolu said:
PS4: 10,000,000
XBOX ONE: 5,000,000

This is domination...

I completely agree.

All I am saying is this can change.

Holiday 2016.

PS4: 34,000,000

Xbox One: 32,800,000

Now that is what I call closing the gap:)

LMAO your imagination is awesome. 

thats what i call living of hopes.

UK, USA and Canada says hi.

UK will help Xbox One get closer in sales to the PS4.

While USA and Canada Xbox One outells the PS4.

This is what happened with the Xbox 360 and I predict the same thing will happen to Xbox One despite all the negativity.

People forget the Xbox 360 also had negativity. People quickly forget people were calling the generation to the PS3 before the Xbox 360 

even launched.

Looks like the same thing to me this generation.

In the end I think both the PS4 and Xbox One will be close.

Maciveli said:
Jega said:
Maciveli said:

Ok minus 18m and PS2 still had a 115 million gap over xbox LOL.

LOL. Ok 

I am just stating facts.

Jega said:
Maciveli said:
Jega said:
drake_tolu said:

This is domination...

I completely agree.

Holiday 2016.

This is what happened with the Xbox 360 and I predict the same thing will happen to Xbox One despite all the negativity.

People forget the Xbox 360 also had negativity. People quickly forget people were calling the generation to the PS3 before the Xbox 360 

even launched.

You don't want it to be the same thing this generation, though.

The Xbox 360 had a lead in the U.S., U.K., etc, but got its butt pretty quickly kicked by PS3 in Asia and Europe when it finally launched. Fast forward to today, the Xbox 360 still has a lead in the U.S, U.K., etc, and got its butt kicked by PS3 in Asia and Europe. Nothing really CHANGED during the generation, it's just that one group of buttkicking markets outweighed the other group, thus leading to a shift in global momentum. o.O The PS3 was never able to 'take back' the U.S., the Xbox 360 was never able to 'Take Back' Europe after the PS3's later launch yanked the sales crown away.

The PS4 has a lead in the U.S, and is kicking butt in Asia and Europe. If things go 'just like last generation' then when we fast forward to the end of the generation, the PS4 would still have a lead in the U.S., and still be kicking butt in Asia and Europe. It would be just like last generation, with the early-gen 'winners' still 'winning' in late-gen.

So, man, you don't WANT things to go like last generation, last generation means the Xbox One loses by a lot. =P What you want is for things to go, pretty much, the opposite to last gen, where the individual market 'loser' becomes a 'winner' in five years.

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

Zanten said:
Jega said:
Maciveli said:
Jega said:
drake_tolu said:

This is domination...

I completely agree.

Holiday 2016.

even launched.

You don't want it to be the same thing this generation, though.

The Xbox 360 had a lead in the U.S., U.K., etc, but got its butt pretty quickly kicked by PS3 in Asia and Europe when it finally launched. Fast forward to today, the Xbox 360 still has a lead in the U.S, U.K., etc, and got its butt kicked by PS3 in Asia and Europe. Nothing really CHANGED during the generation, it's just that one group of buttkicking markets outweighed the other group, thus leading to a shift in global momentum. o.O The PS3 was never able to 'take back' the U.S., the Xbox 360 was never able to 'Take Back' Europe after the PS3's later launch yanked the sales crown away.

The PS4 has a lead in the U.S, and is kicking butt in Asia and Europe. If things go 'just like last generation' then when we fast forward to the end of the generation, the PS4 would still have a lead in the U.S., and still be kicking butt in Asia and Europe. It would be just like last generation, with the early-gen 'winners' still 'winning' in late-gen.

So, man, you don't WANT things to go like last generation, last generation means the Xbox One loses by a lot. =P What you want is for things to go, pretty much, the opposite to last gen, where the individual market 'loser' becomes a 'winner' in five years.

It is not about what I want it is about what I think will happen.

And I fail to see where the Xbox 360 lost by a lot because last time I checked the sales charts the ps3 has maybe a 2 million lead on the Xbox 360 worldwide.