By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Xbox One Is Going To Be Just Fine. Playstation 4 Will Not Dominate The Market In The Long Run.

CGI-Quality said:
Jega said:

In the end I think both the PS4 and Xbox One will be close.

Which completely contradicts your sentiments for the thread. I believe we're done here.

Read the title of this thread again.

here is a hint, "dominate".

Around the Network
Jega said:

UK, USA and Canada says hi.

UK will help Xbox One get closer in sales to the PS4.

While USA and Canada Xbox One outells the PS4.

This is what happened with the Xbox 360 and I predict the same thing will happen to Xbox One despite all the negativity.

People forget the Xbox 360 also had negativity. People quickly forget people were calling the generation to the PS3 before the Xbox 360 

even launched.

Looks like the same thing to me this generation.

Yeah people thought the PS3 would win that's based on the best information they had on past trends at the time, which is how most people make predictions of the future, but once the first sales strted it was obvious that the situation of the PS2 would not be the same with the PS3.  What you're doing right now is being a PS3 fan of those times saying "anytime now the PS3 will start dominating just like the PS2, remember how well that did in Japan and the US?  Well anytime now the 360 will be out of its hardcore purchases and then things will continue as they did last gen."  

When you're starting a new generation it makes sense to base your predictions off the last generation because that's the most current trends you have, but once the generation starts you do not continuously go back to those past generation trends as though they'll start any day now.  There is no reason based on information from the current generation's sales to think that anything you've said will come true.  Yes, it could, but that's the weakest argument you could possibly have.  A meteorite could fall on Sony HQ tonight and WiiU takes the place of PS4 as the defacto console for the generation, but it almost certainly won't, and making predictions based off things that you want to happen with your only defense being that they technically "could" is the worst way to do it.  

Torillian said:
Jega said:

This is what happened with the Xbox 360 and I predict the same thing will happen to Xbox One despite all the negativity.

People forget the Xbox 360 also had negativity. People quickly forget people were calling the generation to the PS3 before the Xbox 360 

even launched.

Yeah people thought the PS3 would win that's based on the best information they had on past trends at the time, which is how most people make predictions of the future, but once the first sales strted it was obvious that the situation of the PS2 would not be the same with the PS3.  What you're doing right now is being a PS3 fan of those times saying "anytime now the PS3 will start dominating just like the PS2, remember how well that did in Japan and the US?  Well anytime now the 360 will be out of its hardcore purchases and then things will continue as they did last gen."  

When you're starting a new generation it makes sense to base your predictions off the last generation because that's the most current trends you have, but once the generation starts you do not continuously go back to those past generation trends as though they'll start any day now.  There is no reason based on information from the current generation's sales to think that anything you've said will come true.  Yes, it could, but that's the weakest argument you could possibly have.  A meteorite could fall on Sony HQ tonight and WiiU takes the place of PS4 as the defacto console for the generation, but it almost certainly won't, and making predictions based off things that you want to happen with your only defense being that they technically "could" is the worst way to do it.  

If anything the last 4 generations taught me and should teach all of us is that nothing is guaranteed no matter what things look like.

Sony came out of nowhere and beat the Sega and Nintendo with Playstation.

Microsoft came out of nowhere and marginally beat Nintendo with the Gamecube. The Xbox would have sold more if Microsoft 

didn't stop making them.

The Wii sold the most consoles last generation, and Xbox 360 pretty much tied with the PS3.

What will happen this genertion no one truly knows, the only thing we all know for sure is the the PS4 is in the lead right now.

The Plot Thickens, LOL!

Jega said:
Zanten said:

You don't want it to be the same thing this generation, though.

The Xbox 360 had a lead in the U.S., U.K., etc, but got its butt pretty quickly kicked by PS3 in Asia and Europe when it finally launched. Fast forward to today, the Xbox 360 still has a lead in the U.S, U.K., etc, and got its butt kicked by PS3 in Asia and Europe. Nothing really CHANGED during the generation, it's just that one group of buttkicking markets outweighed the other group, thus leading to a shift in global momentum. o.O The PS3 was never able to 'take back' the U.S., the Xbox 360 was never able to 'Take Back' Europe after the PS3's later launch yanked the sales crown away.

The PS4 has a lead in the U.S, and is kicking butt in Asia and Europe. If things go 'just like last generation' then when we fast forward to the end of the generation, the PS4 would still have a lead in the U.S., and still be kicking butt in Asia and Europe. It would be just like last generation, with the early-gen 'winners' still 'winning' in late-gen.

So, man, you don't WANT things to go like last generation, last generation means the Xbox One loses by a lot. =P What you want is for things to go, pretty much, the opposite to last gen, where the individual market 'loser' becomes a 'winner' in five years.

It is not about what I want it is about what I think will happen.

And I fail to see where the Xbox 360 lost by a lot because last time I check the ps3 has maybe a 2 million lead on the Xbox 360 worldwide.

Yes, the PS3 has a 2 million lead worldwide.

The Xbox 360 had a U.S. lead of 17 million, a U.K. lead of 3 million, which brings us to a total lead in just those two markets of 20 million, meaning that in other markets, the PS3 had to outsell it by 22 million just to reach that 2 million global lead.

That lead came from Asia, where it outsold the Xbox 360 by nearly 10:1, and mainland Europe, where it outsold the Xbox 360 by over ten million units, despite the Xbox 360 having a price advantage, a launch time advantage, a PR advantage, basically everything going for them. When you can't keep your competitor from beating you soundly despite massive advantages, that's a pretty steady whuppin. Numbers from regions such as Germany suggest that, this generation, the PS4 is winning by an even more lopsided ratio than the PS3 did, even in markets the Xbox One was in at launch, because the Xbox One has none of the same advantages the Xbox 360 did.

Now, what do you think is going to happen if, like I said before, the individual market patterns happen just like last gen? I.e. the early generation 'winner' in the U.S. (the Xbox 360 then, PS4 now,) remains the winner?

And sorry, but your thread IS based on what you hope will happen. =P You have no data, no educated guesses, only this instinctive 'The Xbox will catch up because it's XBOX.' You say 'because the PS3 caught up last generation,' but when I point out that, last generation, the early generation marketshare leader (the Xbox 360) kept its U.S. lead the entire generation, then what, NOW this generation is going to be different and the early generation marketshare leader (the PS4) WON'T keep its U.S. lead the entire generation?

You just said you saw this generation being 'just like the last one.' So either that means you see the PS4 keeping its U.S. lead, just like the Xbox 360 did last generation, or you're literally basing your entire theory on 'It's An Xbox Console, It HAS To Catch Up, Because It's An Xbox Console!' Which, sorry man, is hope, nothing more. =/

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

Zanten said:
Jega said:
Zanten said:

The Xbox 360 had a lead in the U.S., U.K., etc, but got its butt pretty quickly kicked by PS3 in Asia and Europe when it finally launched. Fast forward to today, the Xbox 360 still has a lead in the U.S, U.K., etc, and got its butt kicked by PS3 in Asia and Europe. Nothing really CHANGED during the generation, it's just that one group of buttkicking markets outweighed the other group, thus leading to a shift in global momentum. o.O The PS3 was never able to 'take back' the U.S., the Xbox 360 was never able to 'Take Back' Europe after the PS3's later launch yanked the sales crown away.

The PS4 has a lead in the U.S, and is kicking butt in Asia and Europe. If things go 'just like last generation' then when we fast forward to the end of the generation, the PS4 would still have a lead in the U.S., and still be kicking butt in Asia and Europe. It would be just like last generation, with the early-gen 'winners' still 'winning' in late-gen.

So, man, you don't WANT things to go like last generation, last generation means the Xbox One loses by a lot. =P What you want is for things to go, pretty much, the opposite to last gen, where the individual market 'loser' becomes a 'winner' in five years.

And I fail to see where the Xbox 360 lost by a lot because last time I check the ps3 has maybe a 2 million lead on the Xbox 360 worldwide.

The Xbox 360 had a U.S. lead of 17 million, a U.K. lead of 3 million, which brings us to a total lead in just those two markets of 20 million, meaning that in other markets, the PS3 had to outsell it by 22 million just to reach that 2 million global lead.

That lead came from Asia, where it outsold the Xbox 360 by nearly 10:1, and mainland Europe, where it outsold the Xbox 360 by over ten million units, despite the Xbox 360 having a price advantage, a launch time advantage, a PR advantage, basically everything going for them. When you can't keep your competitor from beating you soundly despite massive advantages, that's a pretty steady whuppin. Numbers from regions such as Germany suggest that, this generation, the PS4 is winning by an even more lopsided ratio than the PS3 did, even in markets the Xbox One was in at launch, because the Xbox One has none of the same advantages the Xbox 360 did.

Now, what do you think is going to happen if, like I said before, the individual market patterns happen just like last gen? I.e. the early generation 'winner' in the U.S. (the Xbox 360 then, PS4 now,) remains the winner?

And sorry, but your thread IS based on what you hope will happen. =P You have no data, no educated guesses, only this instinctive 'The Xbox will catch up because it's XBOX.' You say 'because the PS3 caught up last generation,' but when I point out that, last generation, the early generation marketshare leader (the Xbox 360) kept its U.S. lead the entire generation, then what, NOW this generation is going to be different and the early generation marketshare leader (the PS4) WON'T keep its U.S. lead the entire generation?

You just said you saw this generation being 'just like the last one.' So either that means you see the PS4 keeping its U.S. lead, just like the Xbox 360 did last generation, or you're literally basing your entire theory on 'It's An Xbox Console, It HAS To Catch Up, Because It's An Xbox Console!' Which, sorry man, is hope, nothing more. =/

I am going off Xbox 360 sales. I think in the UK and North America Xbox One can eventually start to sell like the Xbox 360.

If not better.

Around the Network
Jega said:
Maciveli said:
Jega said:

IT IS ONLY THE FIRST YEAR! 

Why can't some of you not understand that things can change. 

2015 COULD be different for the Xbox One. Microsoft could do many things. The obvious one is a price drop to 350 for the xbox one.

I don't think microsoft will do that though. Second anounce even more exclusives. That will change what system people will buy.

Or just people start spreading word about the games thats already on the system that is not on the ps4. 

The Xbox One can outsell the ps4 in america in 2015. IT IS POSSIBLE. Anyone that says that is impossible is fooling themselves.

Again I am not saying this will happen. I just think that is what will happen.

PS4 can also outsell the Xbox one in america as well. I AM FULLY AWARE OF THAT.

Only one fooling them selves is you buddy.

X1 bundles already prove a 350 cut would do nothing .  And would be no where near big enough cut to maybe sale even with PS4.  Seems you fail to understand PS4 is a in demend liked product X1 is not, mass media and consumer negetivity just never truely go away.  Peopel did spread the word and it sunk x1 sales.

If you think this over logicaly and set aside your emotions youd see its not gonna happen, There sjust is nothing MS can really do that PS cant counter.

X1 price cut okPS4 cuts to 299, thats the last thing MS want.  To compete with a 299 PS4.  Exclusves lol ok, PS has more of them has more proven devs and has more third party support .  So PS has more gaems, so your Xbox will have game goes out the window.  

I "can" walk on the moon and or kill people, thats about as likely as X1 outselling the PS4.  Now think about what it means when you say it can.  

It is just one week and I didn't want to bring it up. But you do know the Xbox One Just outsold the PS4 in america by a small margin.

The way I see it this is just the beginning.

In my opinion this gen will be jus like last gen except for Nintendo.

The Xbox one outsold ps4 in the week of August 30th in the US ACCORDING to Vgchartz which we all  will 100% change once official data gets released like it has always been. Next time adjustments are made the Ps4 will be the top seeling current gen console for every week in the US.

Kowan said:
Jega said:
Maciveli said:
Jega said:

IT IS ONLY THE FIRST YEAR! 

Why can't some of you not understand that things can change. 

2015 COULD be different for the Xbox One. Microsoft could do many things. The obvious one is a price drop to 350 for the xbox one.

I don't think microsoft will do that though. Second anounce even more exclusives. That will change what system people will buy.

Or just people start spreading word about the games thats already on the system that is not on the ps4. 

The Xbox One can outsell the ps4 in america in 2015. IT IS POSSIBLE. Anyone that says that is impossible is fooling themselves.

Again I am not saying this will happen. I just think that is what will happen.

PS4 can also outsell the Xbox one in america as well. I AM FULLY AWARE OF THAT.

Only one fooling them selves is you buddy.

X1 bundles already prove a 350 cut would do nothing .  And would be no where near big enough cut to maybe sale even with PS4.  Seems you fail to understand PS4 is a in demend liked product X1 is not, mass media and consumer negetivity just never truely go away.  Peopel did spread the word and it sunk x1 sales.

If you think this over logicaly and set aside your emotions youd see its not gonna happen, There sjust is nothing MS can really do that PS cant counter.

X1 price cut okPS4 cuts to 299, thats the last thing MS want.  To compete with a 299 PS4.  Exclusves lol ok, PS has more of them has more proven devs and has more third party support .  So PS has more gaems, so your Xbox will have game goes out the window.  

I "can" walk on the moon and or kill people, thats about as likely as X1 outselling the PS4.  Now think about what it means when you say it can.  

It is just one week and I didn't want to bring it up. But you do know the Xbox One Just outsold the PS4 in america by a small margin.

The way I see it this is just the beginning.

In my opinion this gen will be jus like last gen except for Nintendo.

The Xbox one outsold ps4 in the week of August 30th in the US ACCORDING to Vgchartz which we all  will 100% change once official data gets released like it has always been. Next time adjustments are made the Ps4 will be the top seeling current gen console for every week in the US.

Well maybe so, but right now it posted that Xbox One outsold the PS4 in America for the last week of August:)

Jega said:
Zanten said:
Jega said:
Zanten said:

I am going off Xbox 360 sales. I think in the UK and North America Xbox One can eventually start to sell like the Xbox 360.

If not better.

Yes, but again, that means you're looking at is as 'It'll Sell This Because It's An XBOX!"

The PS2 sold 50 million (50,000,000) units in North America, more even than the Xbox 360. By your standards, therefore, the PS3 would have had to 'eventually' start to sell like the PS2, and outsell the Xbox 360 in the U.S.. Did it? No. Not even close. Heck, even the Xbox 360, though it got within less than ten million of that number, couldn't hit the 50 million.

So just because a console last generation sold x number of figures, is not an indication that its successor is going to automatically replicate that. If it was, then the domination of the PSOne, and PS2 would have guaranteed crushing victory for the PS3. We already know how that turned out. Why are you now saying it's different when an Xbox console is the subject?

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

Jega said:

even launched.

PS4 is out selling x1 in all thsoe 3 markets, reality says hi.    

PS4 is outselling X1 in UK, how does that help X1 negate the 6-1 sales advantages in other nations ?

360 has some negativity, PS3 had way more and X1 has way more then thsoe two put together.  You have no point do you, you just post the first foolisgness that comes to mind ?  You still have yet to make a single intelligent arguement.  You just post foolishly and expect what exactly ? no here will agree with you as even the bigegst xbox supporters can see the ignorance in everything you post.

I hope you are getting payed to post pro xbox commnets online, other wise i pity you.  

Jega said:

If anything the last 4 generations taught me and should teach all of us is that nothing is guaranteed no matter what things look like.

Sony came out of nowhere and beat the Sega and Nintendo with Playstation.

Microsoft came out of nowhere and marginally beat Nintendo with the Gamecube. The Xbox would have sold more if Microsoft 

didn't stop making them.

The Wii sold the most consoles last generation, and Xbox 360 pretty much tied with the PS3.

What will happen this genertion no one truly knows, the only thing we all know for sure is the the PS4 is in the lead right now.

The Plot Thickens, LOL!

Ok so PS4 is kicking the crap out of the competition and you agree, so any thread you make should be locked becasue all we know is PS4 is in the lead rigtht now and trying to have a discussion with kids who argue with the notions of fairy tales and dreams is pointlless when we all agree PS4 is i the lead.

lol