By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Nearing Deal To Purchase Minecraft for $2 Billion CNBC Reports

It does kinda go to show though that in the grand scheme of things, Nintendo and even Sony are small potatoes compared to MS.

They can throw around $2 billion like its nothing.

Around the Network

I hope everyone knows that this is the "article" we're discussing here

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101975715#.

Slade6alpha said:
Damn.. would love to see the reaction of this thread is Sony was the ones buying it :(

Would be the same. Hell, it'd be even a bigger waste for Sony since they don't need any help beating the X1 down

Slade6alpha said:
Damn.. would love to see the reaction of this thread is Sony was the ones buying it :(

You already know what the reaction would be. Either way as someone said Minecraft is insanely popular worldwide and they can continue to make it bigger. PS if this aquisition goes through, I hope it puts to rest the DOOM articles. Nadella said aquisitions will be made, they must see value in Minecraft being on phones, tablets, and consoles.

Theyre really going all out, huh.

Around the Network

Buy Minecraft (Only thing worth noting Mojang made) for $2B, or fund 8 GTA V sized games (basing that on GTA V costing 250M to develop)...hmmm, come on Micro, I'm not even a fan of you and I don't want to see you do something as silly as this.

Thanks jlmurph!

wary-wallaroo said:
Slade6alpha said:

Would be the same. Hell, it'd be even a bigger waste for Sony since they don't need any help beating the X1 down

Sony couldn't afford to do something like this. 

wow
cant belive

2b for one "game"?

they should buy 2k instead and make gta6 exclusiv

JazzB1987 said:

they should have bought sony instead. To end the war once and for all. Or well they should have used the 2bn to make more powerful XBO's...

But whatever.

TBH Minecraft for even 500m would be a waste of money.

I'm not against MS spending money, but you are right Minecraft by itself is NOT worth 2b and Mojang hasn't made anything else. I don't mind if they get bought, but it should be at a cheaper price. 

Well, whatever happens, this won't (shouldn't) affect the multiplat potential of a theoretical LEGO Minecraft game.

Since that would be a massive piss-take and all.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3