By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Nearing Deal To Purchase Minecraft for $2 Billion CNBC Reports

There's literally nothing in that story. It's just a headline with an empty body. Shoddy news reporting if you ask me. If it's even on some level true.

Around the Network

Minecraft is on PS4. This would be a tremendous waste of money. Is it possible desparation is making them make more mistakes?

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

jnemesh said:
I don't know what they hope to accomplish with that purchase. Yes, Minecraft is insanely popular...but it's one property...and it's too late to pull it from the PS4. If they wanted to make an impact, they should have bought them BEFORE the game launched on the competing platform.

Technically they could yank it from the PS3/4 I guess. Vita version probably will get canned too. 

I think they will keep the iOS/Android versions though ... too much money to ignore. 

Soundwave said:
jnemesh said:
I don't know what they hope to accomplish with that purchase. Yes, Minecraft is insanely popular...but it's one property...and it's too late to pull it from the PS4. If they wanted to make an impact, they should have bought them BEFORE the game launched on the competing platform.

Technically they could yank it from the PS3/4 I guess. Vita version probably will get canned too. 

I think they will keep the iOS/Android versions though ... too much money to ignore. 

Making it X1 only would just kill the franchise, not help the X1

wary-wallaroo said:
Soundwave said:
jnemesh said:

Making it X1 only would just kill the franchise, not help the X1

360/X1/iOS/Android/Windows Phone is plenty of platform availability. 

Around the Network

Of course most of you would say it's a waste yada yada yada. PS The deal is for the DEVELOPER, not one game.

true_fan said:
Of course most of you would say it's a waste yada yada yada. PS The deal is for the DEVELOPER, not one game.

A developer which made Minecraft and then made nothing else good enough to mention.

Oh boy.... Minecraft 2 Xbox exclusive then?

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Vasto said:
I don't like it. They need to invest that $2B into more 1st party studios and new IPs.

Where have you been? They do. 

jnemesh said:

There might be MS/Xbox advertising on the ps4/3/vita versions...

As other posters have said MS should save their money and invest in newer IPs from these companies like mojang etc