By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - One Million PS4 sold in UK! Xbox gamers migrating to playstation too!

Very very nice. Well done Sony, still haven't bought mine so you can +1 when Batman finally arrives! 

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
fluky-nintendy said:
Unlike MS said, many XB360 users weren't so happy with their console, seeing they are migrating to PS4 even faster than the PS3 users.

actually thats not the case, many people are sticking with the 360 because microsoft them selfs told them to. 

I still chuckle every time xD

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...

Great. I'm more impressed that the PS3 only took 6 weeks more to reach 1m.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

fluky-nintendy said:
Unlike MS said, many XB360 users weren't so happy with their console, seeing they are migrating to PS4 even faster than the PS3 users.

weekly software pal charts show the completely opposite story

but great sales.

now lets see if this momentum can continue

bananaking21 said:
The Fury said:

Can I ask what you would say is a significant 1st Party game from Sony?

uncharted, the last of us, god of war, gran turismo, little big planet. thats of course whe we are talking about sales

I'd say only 2 of those were, Uncharted and GT. But even then 'significant' is subjective. For some fans, their big games have been released already (Killzone and InFamous, 2 significant 1st party games).

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:
Great. I'm more impressed that the PS3 only took 6 weeks more to reach 1m.

It launched in March so it essentially had a huge launch + an entire holiday season, which helped.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

The Fury said:
bananaking21 said:
The Fury said:

uncharted, the last of us, god of war, gran turismo, little big planet. thats of course whe we are talking about sales

I'd say only 2 of those were, Uncharted and GT. But even then 'significant' is subjective. For some fans, their big games have been released already (Killzone and InFamous, 2 significant 1st party games).

Eh, Killzone and inFamous are both 2-3m sellers. The Last of Us is essentially a 10m seller so I'm surprised you mention Uncharted but not TLoU. Mainline GoW games sell 4m+ each. KZ and infamous are definitely less significant than those.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Ka-pi96 said:
ethomaz said:
LordPhil said:

Congrats Sony! I wonder when xb1 will reach 1m in the UK?

Well.

"Destiny launches at an important time for both the PS4 and Xbox One. In January 2014 Gara revealed that the sales ratio of PS4 to Xbox One in the UK was 1.5:1, and eight months later this remains the case. That means that if the PS4 has sold 1m units, then the Xbox One has shifted 666,666."

That's a lot of 6s!

I always knew that the XBO was the devil. Why didn't everyone listen to me?

STRYKIE said:
Porcupine_I said:
I remember last gen a lot of people said they chose the 360, because most multi platform games performed better on it.

I suppose people are doing that again now.

In the UK? Nonsense. If that was the case the original Xbox would've been top dog here and it was one of the only markets outside of Japan where it did worse than the Gamecube. Sounds more like Plan C damage control.

The UK market are very pricepoint-fickle. The fact that it took > 5 years for SCEUK to drop the PS3 below the £200 sweet spot (and even then I think that might have only been the 12GB model) is horrendously laughable.

The PS4 is a more desirable console. It's more powerful and has better games hence it's selling better. All this "why is the PS4 selling" nonsense is abzurd, it's pretty easy to see why

Ninsect said:
The Fury said:
bananaking21 said:
The Fury said:

Eh, Killzone and inFamous are both 2-3m sellers. The Last of Us is essentially a 10m seller so I'm surprised you mention Uncharted but not TLoU. Mainline GoW games sell 4m+ each. KZ and infamous are definitely less significant than those.

I think UC4 has a gpod chance of outselling Halo 5.