By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - One Million PS4 sold in UK! Xbox gamers migrating to playstation too!

prinz_valium said:
fluky-nintendy said:
Unlike MS said, many XB360 users weren't so happy with their console, seeing they are migrating to PS4 even faster than the PS3 users.

weekly software pal charts show the completely opposite story

but great sales.

now lets see if this momentum can continue

If you'd thought this through you would've considered the fact that the Xbox 360 has a higer userbase than the PS3, so of course the software sales will be higher than the PS3.  However if you take software sales and divide them by installbase to get the relation between consoles sold and software weekly you see that the PS3 is ahead.

Around the Network
wary-wallaroo said:
Ninsect said:

Eh, Killzone and inFamous are both 2-3m sellers. The Last of Us is essentially a 10m seller so I'm surprised you mention Uncharted but not TLoU. Mainline GoW games sell 4m+ each. KZ and infamous are definitely less significant than those.

I think UC4 has a gpod chance of outselling Halo 5.

I agree. I would bet money on that. At that point PS4 will have almost triple the userbase of XB1 and ND are already gods among playstation fans so I can see Uncharted 4 being huge. Certainly bigger than TLoU on PS3, which sold 7m+. Halo 5 will be smaller than 360 Halos due to a much smaller userbase (7-8m)

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Teeqoz said:
prinz_valium said:
fluky-nintendy said:
Unlike MS said, many XB360 users weren't so happy with their console, seeing they are migrating to PS4 even faster than the PS3 users.

weekly software pal charts show the completely opposite story

but great sales.

now lets see if this momentum can continue

If you'd thought this through you would've considered the fact that the Xbox 360 has a higer userbase than the PS3, so of course the software sales will be higher than the PS3.  However if you take software sales and divide them by installbase to get the relation between consoles sold and software weekly you see that the PS3 is ahead.

just look into the pal charts form neo gaf

u see the yoy % decline for x360 and ps3 software on a monthly base

in general ps3 got a bigger % decline

thats the point

prinz_valium said:
Teeqoz said:

thats the point

Eh, are you talking about the June/July charts? Do you know which game came out for PS3 last year around that time? Vs. 360 which had no big game at that point

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Ninsect said:
prinz_valium said:
Teeqoz said:

thats the point

Eh, are you talking about the June/July charts? Do you know which game came out for PS3 last year around that time? Vs. 360 which had no big game at that point

im talking about this

Around the Network
prinz_valium said:
Ninsect said:

im talking about this

Dude, of course it's down from June in 2013. That's when TLOU launched on the PS3.

prinz_valium said:
Ninsect said:
prinz_valium said:
Teeqoz said:

thats the point

im talking about this

As I thought...Do you really think PS3 software>360 software is the norm in the UK? Because that's what happened in June last year.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Teeqoz said:
prinz_valium said:
Ninsect said:

im talking about this

Dude, of course it's down from June in 2013. That's when TLOU launched on the PS3.

dude look at the half year 29 vs 35

but okay i can try to find some other month.

its still the same picture

ps3 % declice is bigger than the xb360 one

prinz_valium said:
Teeqoz said:

Lol that's what I'm saying. TLoU is the sole reason for that difference. 360 had nothing apart from the usual 3rd party stuff early last year iirc.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

prinz_valium said:
Teeqoz said:
prinz_valium said:

im talking about this

The half year decline can also be attributed to TLOU.