By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Wii U owner here......(WEPL)

Tagged games:

WhiteEaglePL said:

Hehehehe Nintendomination? 

(sorry for blurry I was hype before I unboxed it. )

First Impressions:

The gamepad is extremely light!!! I like how it is actually comfortable. I don't understand the people that don't like it.  I could not get a Pro Controller because neither GAME or Argos had any. Damn you lol! I'm not a fan of the mii's but I understand how it fits with the whole Miiverse thing. I was also surprised how quickly my Mii's from the 3DS transferred over.

The eShop is great however it has barely any Wii U games (not VC) compared to the 3DS eshop library....so hence I was a bit disappointed about that. However it's a great service even if again, not as many demo's available as the 3DS demo section. I must say........watching this trailer is just MEGA AWESOME in 60fps on my TV. It's just spectacular. Normal Youtube on PC does not match it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0phuu6KkTMM&index=11&list=WL

Games:

SO yeah, I have MK8. So far I did not unlock anything and I don't plan to purchase the DLC for a while. It looks GORGOUES!!! ( I guess most of you already know that.)

Please do not recommend me anything because I know what I will get and what I don't want at all.  I will get these:

• Bayonetta 1 + 2
  • Pikmin 3.
  • Starfox 2015
  • Zelda 2015
  • Smash U(?) - Not sure if this year, actually.

What about the rest? I don't know....I don't but many games and I have a very bussy school year to look forward to. What you can do is recommend me some eShop games that are not VC!!!!! I only know that I will get Swords & Solders 2. I also downloaded everything free (yes, even that tank game) and tried most of the demo's. Rayman Legends in particular plays awesomely. My parents and roommate really want to try it but my mum wants Karaoke U    XD - I got a free 7 day trial..... 

Welcome dude,

There's actually a ton of awesome eshop games if you take the time to look.

Scram Kitty, the NES Remixs, Bit.trip runner and Dr Luigi are a few that I've really enjoyed and keep going back to.

Karaoke U is a lot of fun, plus it's free to download and you only have to pay when you use it, so you may as well download it!

I won't recommend any retail, but I will say to keep an eye on the eshop as there are not infrequent sales and you can get some great deals. I would definitely suggest getting an external HDD as early as possible, as if you've downloaded all the trials you're probably nearly done with your disk space.

OK, I lied about not recommending retail; buy Wonderful 101. You can probably find it for the fairly cheap in CEX or GAME and it's an excellent game.

And Smash Bros is out this year.

Around the Network

You really need to buy Rayman Legends! It seems like you enjoyed the demo, so why not!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:

You really need to buy Rayman Legends! It seems like you enjoyed the demo, so why not!

Yeah, why not!!! But I still haven't decided between that or DK TF....i'll decide once I get B2 + Pikmin 3

I cannot believe you will not get Zombi U. Never talk to me again, it is all over beteween us.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

WagnerPaiva said:
I cannot believe you will not get Zombi U. Never talk to me again, it is all over beteween us.

I don't buy Horror.

Around the Network
WhiteEaglePL said:
AZWification said:

Yeah, why not!!! But I still haven't decided between that or DK TF....i'll decide once I get B2 + Pikmin 3

I haven't played TF myself, so of course I'm going to recoomd Rayman Legends!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Noice! You made the wise choice! Let me know whenever you feel like getting completely and utterly destroyed in Mario Kart! ;D

forest-spirit said:
Duck Tales Remastered
Mighty Switch Force
Giana Sisters
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara
Little Inferno
Bit.trip runner 2
NES Remix 1 & 2

And you really, really need to check out Wonderful 101. It's what separates ordinary Wii U peasants from Wii U overlords!

So i am a Wii U overlord?......i like it!!!! :)

Congrats, most of the best stuff has been recommended to you, may i also recommend Zen pinball 2, TNT racers and Pullblox from the Eshop, all at a decent price.

I thought you were a Wii U owner already. Anyway congrats on your purchases.