By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Wii U owner here......(WEPL)

Tagged games:

For eshop titles, I would go with:

The Fall
SteamWorld Dig
Unepic
Shovel Knight
Trine 2

Don't miss out on Lego City Undercover.

Around the Network
burninmylight said:
Everyone hates the GamePad. Then they actually use it and learn it's not nearly as bad or uncomfortable as the Internet makes it sound. Then when they go back to a console without the GamePad, they miss it.

Yup. This.  Pretty much anyone who speaks terribly harshly of the GamePad I now figure to just be a troll :)

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Duck Tales Remastered
Mighty Switch Force
Giana Sisters
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara
Little Inferno
Bit.trip runner 2
NES Remix 1 & 2

And you really, really need to check out Wonderful 101. It's what separates ordinary Wii U peasants from Wii U overlords!

There are some deals to be had on digital Zelda games in the UK:

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2014/September/Nintendo-eShop-sale-The-Legend-of-Zelda-Weeks-915102.html

forest-spirit said:
Duck Tales Remastered
Mighty Switch Force
Giana Sisters
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara
Little Inferno
Bit.trip runner 2
NES Remix 1 & 2

And you really, really need to check out Wonderful 101. It's what separates ordinary Wii U peasants from Wii U overlords!

I checked it out!   It was fun after I got used to the hard controls in the demo, however I want other games first before that one for sure. Sorry.

Around the Network

Get Rayman Legends. Seriously. You won't regret it -- even if you don't typically care for the 2D platformer genre.

Need for Speed : Most Wanted is worth rescuing from the bargain bin if you find it.

It's a great game with considerably extensive Gamepad integration. There's a considerable upgrade graphically compared to last gen versions too.

Donkey Kong and NSMBU+NSLU take some time to settle into, but are really fun as well.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

People complaining about the GamePad complain about how Nintendo managed to design it so that such a simple piece of plastic with a primitive screen costs so much to manufacture, that it increases the price of the console significantly.

Nice bundle, surprised you only plan to buy so few games. Even I'd buy more and I'm not a Nintendo first guy and complain about the number of worthwhile games on Wii U

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

EShop Titles I'd Recommend:

ZaSica's Last Stand (Tower Defender, High Score game)

Shovel Knight (Dark Souls the Platformer)

Neo Nano Assault (Beautiful, hard twin-stick shooter.)

The Fall (Story drive, short RPG. Very good.)

Pushomo World (Intelligent Systems... need I say more?)

Steamworld Dig (Another greatly built platformer.)

Armillo (Adorable.)

When I saw the title I thought that someone made a typo trying to write "WELP", then I wondered why you would put "WELP" there...now I'm diapoointed.

Scisca said:
People complaining about the GamePad complain about how Nintendo managed to design it so that such a simple piece of plastic with a primitive screen costs so much to manufacture, that it increases the price of the console significantly.

That 5GHz transciever is not cheap.