By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pachter: "There is no place for Nintendo hardware". Thoughts?

amak11 said:

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/pachter-nintendo-will-abandon-hardware-go-third-party-next-gen#.VAqLA_ldXBZ

They are more than a decade behind the curve, and they are so insular that there is no desire internally to learn from others. Nintendo hardware goes away. There is a place for their content. There is no place for Nintendo hardware. Nobody cares. They will have to abandon hardware. — Michael Pachter 

To be fair you skipped an important part of the article:

----

According to Pachter, cloud gaming services will overtake hardware within a generation's time, and this will spell the end of Nintendo as a first-party company. Nintendo, he asserts, is too far behind in terms of cloud technology, and they won't be able to keep creating hardware. 

"They are more than a decade behind the curve, and they are so insular that there is no desire internally to learn from others. Nintendo hardware goes away. There is a place for their content. There is no place for Nintendo hardware. Nobody cares. They will have to abandon hardware." — Michael Pachter

----

He's saying that cloud gaming services will take over, and Nintendo is behind the curve on that.

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network
ICStats said:
amak11 said:

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/pachter-nintendo-will-abandon-hardware-go-third-party-next-gen#.VAqLA_ldXBZ

They are more than a decade behind the curve, and they are so insular that there is no desire internally to learn from others. Nintendo hardware goes away. There is a place for their content. There is no place for Nintendo hardware. Nobody cares. They will have to abandon hardware. — Michael Pachter 

To be fair you skipped an important part of the article:

----

According to Pachter, cloud gaming services will overtake hardware within a generation's time, and this will spell the end of Nintendo as a first-party company. Nintendo, he asserts, is too far behind in terms of cloud technology, and they won't be able to keep creating hardware. 

"They are more than a decade behind the curve, and they are so insular that there is no desire internally to learn from others. Nintendo hardware goes away. There is a place for their content. There is no place for Nintendo hardware. Nobody cares. They will have to abandon hardware." — Michael Pachter

----

He's saying that cloud gaming services will take over, and Nintendo is behind the curve on that.

So now he's saying Microsoft and Sony will be going third party too?

Woops, jumped to conclusions. So he's saying Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo needs to get on with cloud technology.

That's interesting I guess. If Soundwave's fusion idea is what Nintendo is trying to do, then that will exist fine with cloud technology.

t3mporary_126 said:

So now he's saying Microsoft and Sony will be going third party too?

Pretty much. :)

Well I would guess it'll be between Microsoft, Google and Amazon.

My 8th gen collection

"They are more than a decade behind the curve, and they are so insular that there is no desire internally to learn from others."

He's absolutely and completely right about that part. It's obvious they have not been watching the rest of the industry and they're on the verge of being left behind in a lot of areas. That kind of approach won't work over the long term. It's a global market but they barely seem to be aware of anything outside Japan.

Can we please stop posting Pachter's shit? Thank you very much!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Nintendo needs to bribe him for changing his mind. But he is absolutely right unfortunately, Iwata does everything wrong and where are the f****** games? Nintendo has nothing to offer this holiday season, just Smash Bros. is lame. If Nintendo does not buy Sony, it will die sooner than expected.

AZWification said:

I don't see why, if you really don't care for his opinion just ignore. Besides even if he's saying some bullshit, other things are very true

The Wii U is already a console parallel to the Vita. Well-received as great platforms by the people who actually own them, decried as failures by those who don't.

The GameCube was like this, and was still profitable.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Miyamoto will grant Pachter his wish.

leyendax69 said:
AZWification said:

I don't see why, if you really don't care for his opinion just ignore. Besides even if he's saying some bullshit, other things are very true

The easiest way to kill crap like this is to stop feeding it views.

(Or, surf in InPrivate mode with AdBlock Plus enabled.)

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3